House Committee of the Legislative Council
7th meeting on 17 November 2000
- Confirmation of the minutes of the 6th meeting held on 10 November 2000
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 236/00-01)
- Matters arising
Report by the Chairman on her meeting with the Chief Secretary for Administration
- Legal Service Division's report on subsidiary legislation tabled in Council on 15 November 2000 (gazetted on 10 November 2000)
(LC Paper No. LS 20/00-01)
- Business for the Council meeting on 29 November 2000
(LC Paper No. CB(3) 154/00-01)
- Bills - First Reading and moving of Second Reading
- Banking (Amendment) Bill 2000
- Securities and Futures Bill
- Government motions
- Resolution under section 9 of the Criminal Procedure Ordinance (Cap. 221) - to be moved by the Secretary for the Treasury
(LC Paper No. LS 25/00-01)
- Resolution under section 134(1) of the Magistrates Ordinance (Cap. 227) - to be moved by the Secretary for the Treasury
(LC Paper No. LS 24/00-01)
- Resolution under section 54 of the Matrimonial Causes Ordinance (Cap. 179) - to be moved by the Secretary for the Treasury
(LC Paper No. LS 22/00-01)
- Members' motions
- Motion on "Abolishing the age requirement for dependent parent allowance"
The above motion will be moved by Hon WONG Sing-chi. Draft wording of the motion attached.
- Motion on "Opposing the surge of fees and charges"
The above motion will be moved by Hon CHAN Kam-lam. Draft wording of the motion attached.
- Advance information on business for the Council meeting on 6 December 2000
- Members' motions
- Motion to be moved by Hon Emily LAU Wai-hing
Hon LAU Wai-hing has been allocated a debate slot.
- Motion to be moved by Hon LAU Chin-shek
Hon LAU Chin-shek has been allocated a debate slot.
- Government motion
Resolution under section 42 of the Occupational Safety and Health Ordinance (Cap. 509) - to be moved by the Secretary for Education and Manpower
- Bills Committee and subcommittee reports
- Position report on Bills Committees/subcommittees
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 250/00-01)
- Report of the Subcommittee on Fixed Penalty (Criminal Proceedings) (Amendment) (No. 3) Regulation 2000 and Resolution of the Legislative Council (L.N. 206 of 2000) (Commencement) Notice 2000
Verbal report by Hon James TIEN Pei-chun, Chairman of the Subcommittee.
- First report of the Subcommittee on Members' Remuneration and Operating Expenses Reimbursement
(LC Paper No. AS 86/00-01)
- Any other business
Proposed rescheduling of House Committee meeting on 22 December 2000 to 5 January 2001
Legislative Council Secretariat
16 November 2000