House Committee of the Legislative Council
4th meeting on 27 October 2000
- Confirmation of the minutes of the 3rd meeting held on 20 October 2000
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 98/00-01)
- Matters arising
- Report by the Chairman on her meeting with the Chief Secretary for Administration
(Chief Secretary for Administration's letter of 20 October 2000 issued vide LC Paper No. CB(2) 104/00-01 dated 23 October 2000)
- Hon Martin LEE's letter of 25 October 2000 requesting the Chief Executive to brief Members on his official visit to Beijing (26 October 2000) at a Council meeting
- Legal Service Division's report on subsidiary legislation tabled in Council on 25 October 2000 (gazetted on 20 October 2000)
(LC Paper No. LS 11/00-01)
- Further business for the Council meeting on 1 November 2000
- Business for the Council meeting on 8 November 2000
(LC Paper No. CB(3) 92/00-01)
- Bills - First Reading and moving of Second Reading
Adaptation of Laws Bill 2000
- Bills - resumption of debate on Second Reading, Committee Stage and Third Reading
Stamp Duty (Amendment) Bill 2000
- Government motion
No notice has been received yet.
- Members' motions
- Motion on "Enhancing the welfare for the elderly"
The above motion will be moved by Hon YEUNG Yiu-chung. Wording of the motion attached.
- Motion on "Terminating the appointment of the Senior Special Assistant to the Chief Executive"
The above motion will be moved by Hon Margaret NG. Wording of the motion attached.
- Advance information on business for the Council meeting on 15 November 2000
- Motion on "Rental allowance"
The above motion will be moved by Hon Albert HO Chun-yan.
- Motion on "Lowering the duty level for ultra low sulphur diesel"
The above motion will be moved by Hon Mrs Miriam LAU Kin-yee.
- Position report on Bills Committees/subcommittees
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 113/00-01)
- Report of the Subcommittee on Prison (Amendment) Rules 2000, Immigration (Vietnamese Migrants) (Detention Centres) (Amendment) Rules 2000 and Probation of Offenders (Amendment) Rules 2000
Verbal report by Hon Cyd HO, Chairman of the Subcommittee.
- Election of members of The Legislative Council Commission
(LC Paper No. AS 55/00-01)
- Nomination and election of Members to the governing bodies of education institutes and other advisory bodies
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 74/00-01 issued vide LC Paper No. CB(2) 85/00-01 dated 19 October 2000)
- Two Members to serve on the Disaster Relief Fund Advisory Committee
- One Member to serve on the Po Leung Kuk Advisory Board
- One Member to serve on the Tung Wah Group of Hospitals Advisory Board
- Three Members to serve on the Council of the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Five Members to serve on the Court of the University of Hong Kong
- Servicing of meetings-cum-luncheons with District Council members
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 122/00-01)
- Report by the Chairman of the Panel on Housing
- Report of the Panel on Housing on Cottage Area clearance
(LC Paper No. CB(1) 101/00-01)
- The proposed establishment of a select committee on building problems in public housing
Verbal report by Hon CHAN Kam-lam, Chairman of the Panel.
- Any other business
Legislative Council Secretariat
26 October 2000