|Date :||13 October 1995
|I.||Confirmation of the record of the last meeting held on 11.10.95|
(Paper to follow)
|II.||Legal Adviser's report on subsidiary legislation|
(LegCo Paper No. LS 1/95-96)
- Subsidiary legislation tabled in the Legislative Council on 11.10.95 (1995/96 Session)
- Subsidiary legislation tabled in the Legislative Council on 5, 12, 19 and 26.7.95 (1994/95 Session)
|III.||Business for the LegCo sitting on 18.10.95 |
(LegCo Paper No. CB 38/95-96)
No statement has yet been notified.
- Government Motion
No motion has yet been notified.
- Bills - 1st and 2nd Readings
- Air Passenger Departure Tax (Amendment) Bill 1995
- Legal Aid Services Council (No. 2) Bill
- Prevention of Bribery (Miscellaneous Provisions) (No. 2) Bill 1995
- Tax Reserve Certificates (Amendment) Bill 1995
- Gas Safety (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 1995
- Bank Notes Issue (Amendment) Bill 1995
- Buildings (Amendment) (No. 3) Bill 1995
- Intellectual Property (World Trade Organization Amendments) Bill 1995
- Motion debate on "Private member's bills" - to be moved by
Mr David CHU Yu-lin
Wording of the motion attached.
The House Committee will decide whether to recommend, under Standing Order No. 27(A), the maximum speaking times for Members who participate in this debate, as provided for in the House Rules. Members who wish to speak will raise their hands during the debate and wait to be called to speak by the President.
- Adjournment debate on "The importance of encouraging broad education and modern-day literacy (e.g. computer literacy) in Hong Kong" - to be raised by Mrs Elizabeth WONG
The total time available to Members to speak on this debate is 45 minutes unless extended by the President. In accordance with the House Rules, the time is shared equally among the total number of Members who wish to speak on the debate and who indicate beforehand their intention to speak. The Member raising the matter for debate has a minimum speaking time of five minutes.
|IV.||Business for the LegCo sitting on 25&26.10.95 |
(LegCo Paper No. CB 39/95-96)
- Debate on Motion of Thanks
Members will speak for two days.
In accordance with past practice, the chairman of the House Committee will move the motion. The maximum speaking time for each Member will be 15 minutes. Members who wish to speak will raise their hands during the debate and wait to be called to speak by the President. Any Member who has a special reason for wanting to speak on a particular day should inform Mrs Angela LEE, Chief Assistant Secretary (Council Business)2 in order that the President may be consulted.
|V.|| Any Other Business
- Provisional dates of House Committee meetings for the 1995/96 Session
(LegCo Paper No. HB 10/95-96)
Members are requested to note the provisional meeting dates.
- Amendments to Standing Orders of the Legislative Council
(LegCo Paper No. LS 3/95-96)
Members will be invited to approve the moving of a resolution to make some technical amendments to the Standing Orders at the Legislative Council sitting on 18.10.95. If agreed, the President approval to waive the usual notice will be sought.
- Proposed manner of election of Members of The Legislative Council Commission and their terms of office
(LegCo Paper No. AS 12/95-96)
- Legislative Council Panels
(LegCo Paper No. PL 2/95-96)
Legislative Council Secretariat
26 July 1996
[ Agenda | Minutes]
Last Updated on 27 November 1998SIZE>