|Date :||16 February 1996
|I.||Confirmation of the minutes of the last meeting held on 9.2.96|
(LegCo Paper No. HB 678/95-96)
|II.|| Matters arising|
Biological Weapons Bill
(LegCo Paper No. LS 71/95-96 issued for the House Committee meeting on 2.2.96 refers)
Members agreed at the last meeting on 2.2.96 to defer a decision on the above Bill to enable Mr James TO Kun-sun to seek some clarifications.
|III.|| Legal Adviser's report on the subsidiary legislation tabled in the Legislative Council on 14.2.96 |
(LegCo Paper No. LS 87/95-96)
|IV.||Position report on Bills Committees and Subcommittees|
(LegCo Paper No. HB 697/95-96)
|V.||Legal Adviser's report on bills referred to the House Committee under Standing Order No. 42(3A) |
- Legal Practitioners (Amendment) Bill 1996
(LegCo Paper No. LS 88/95-96)
- Insurance Companies (Amendment) Bill 1996
(LegCo Paper No. LS 90/95-96)
- Buildings (Amendment) Bill 1996
(LegCo Paper No. LS 86/95-96)
- Dutiable Commodities (Amendment) Bill 1996
(LegCo Paper No. LS 91/95-96)
- Public Bus Services (Amendment) Bill 1996
(LegCo Paper No. LS 89/95-96)
|VI.||Business for the LegCo sitting on 6.3.96|
(LegCo Paper No. CB 488/95-96)
In accordance with the established practice, 20 written questions have been tentatively scheduled.
No statement has yet been notified.
- Government Motion
No motion has yet been notified.
- Bill - 1st and 2nd Readings
Appropriation Bill 1996
The Financial Secretary will address the Council on the 1996-97 Budget.
|VII.||Reports by Panels/Bills Committees/Subcommittees|
- Report by the Bills Committee to study the Gas Safety (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 1995
(LegCo Paper No. HB 663/95-96)
- Report by the Subcommittee to study eight items of subsidiary legislation tabled in LegCo on 24.1.96 and one item of subsidiary legislation tabled in LegCo on 7.2.96
The Subcommittee will meet on 16.2.96 and Mrs Selina CHOW, chairman , will make a verbal report.
- Reports by the Subcommittee on Procedural Matters
- Shortening of the duration of the division bell - draft amendments to the Standing Orders
(LegCo Paper No. HB 687/95-96)
- Handling of questions requiring an oral reply at a LegCo sitting
(LegCo Paper No. CB 482/95-96)
- Members�dress code for sittings of the Council and committees
(LegCo Paper No. HB 695/95-96)
- Observations by the LegCo Panel on Home Affairs on the 13th Periodic Report on Hong Kong under the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination
(LegCo Paper No. PL 818/95-96)
|VIII.||Any Other Business|
- Draft House Committee Position Paper on issues to be raised by Members�delegation to London on 26-27 February 1996
(LegCo Paper No. HB 706/95-96)
- UK Prime Minister's visit to Hong Kong on 3-4 March 1996
To be raised by Chairman.
- Proposed independent inquiry into the Pat Sin Range hill fire on 10.2.96
Mrs Selina CHOW's proposal is attached.
- Verbal report on fact-finding visit to Australia and New Zealand to study implementation of legislative provisions to deal with age discrimination in employment
Report by Mr LEE Cheuk-yan and Mrs Elizabeth WONG.
- Time for House Committee meeting on 1.3.96
In view of the cancellation of the Finance Committee meeting on 1.3.96, the House Committee meeting will start at 2:30 p.m.
Legislative Council Secretariat
26 July 1996
[ Agenda | Minutes ]
Last Updated on 27 November 1998SIZE>