|Date :||1 November 1996
|I.||Confirmation of minutes of meeting held on 25 October 1996|
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 252/96-97)
- Report on Chairman's meeting with the Chief Secretary
- House Committee delegation to observe the House of Commons debate on Hong Kong
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 285/96-97 to follow)
- Report of the Panel on Transport - Overseas Study Tour
(LegCo Paper No. CB(1) 215/96-97)
- Membership of the Select Committee to inquire into the circumstances surrounding the departure of Mr LEUNG Ming-yin, former Director of Immigration, from the Government and related issues
Verbal report by Chairman.
|III.||Legal Adviser's report on the subsidiary legislation tabled in the Legislative Council on 30 October 1996 (gazetted on 25 October 1996)|
(LegCo Paper No. LS 23/96-97)
|IV.||Position report on Bills Committees and Subcommittees|
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 272/96-97)
|V.||Further report by the Legal Adviser on outstanding bill|
Hong Kong Institute of Education (Amendment) Bill 1996
(LegCo Paper No. LS 21/96-97)
|VI.||Legal Adviser's report on bills referred to the House Committee under Standing Order 42(3A)|
- Tsing Ma Control Area Bill
(LegCo Paper No. LS 20/96-97)
- Whaling Industry (Regulation) Bill
(LegCo Paper No. LS 22/96-97)
|VII.|| Further business for the LegCo sitting on 6 November 1996
(LegCo Paper No. CB(3) 135/96-97)
- Government Motion
Resolution in relation to the Rabies (Amendment) Regulation 1996 - to be moved by the Secretary for Economic Services
(LegCo Paper No. LS 24/96-97 to follow)
|VIII.||Business for the LegCo sitting on 13 November 1996
(LegCo Paper No. CB(3) 134/96-97)
No statement has yet been notified.
- Government Motion
No motion has yet been notified.
- Bills - 1st and 2nd Readings
- Architects, Engineers, Surveyors and Planners Registration (Miscellaneous Amendments) Bill 1996
- Motor Vehicles (First Registration Tax) (Amendment) Bill 1996
- Wild Animals Protection (Amendment) Bill 1996
- Motion debate on "Political platform of the Chief Executive candidates of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region"
Wording of the above motion to be moved by Mr LEE Cheuk-yan is attached.
|IX.||Advance information on motion debates for the LegCo sitting on 20 November 1996
- Motion debate on "Election of the Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region"
Wording of the above motion to be moved by Miss Emily LAU is attached.
- Motion to be moved by Dr Anthony CHEUNG Bing-leung
Subject and wording of the above motion to follow.
|X.||Reports of Panels/Bills Committees/Subcommittees
- Report of the Subcommittee on subsidiary legislation gazetted from 5 July 1996 to 13 September 1996
Verbal report by Mr Ronald ARCULLI.
- Observations by the Panel on Home Affairs on the Third Periodic Report in respect of Hong Kong under Articles 2-16 of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 244/96-97)
- Report of the Panel on Security - Visa-free facilities for Hong Kong Special Administrative Region passport holders
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 287/96-97 to follow)
|XI.||Any Other Business|
Report of the House Committee delegation to attend the hearing of the United Nations Human Rights Committee on 23 October 1996
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 273/96-97)
[ Agenda | Minutes ]
Last Updated on 16 August 1999