|Date :||8 November1996
|I.||Confirmation of minutes of meeting held on 1 November 1996|
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 333/96-97)
- Report on Chairman's meeting with the Chief Secretary
- Funding for the Transport Panel's overseas study tour
Verbal report by the Secretary General.
- House Committee delegation to observe the House of Commons debate on Hong Kong
To be raised by Mr Howard YOUNG.
- Observations by the Panel on Home Affairs on the Third Periodic Report in respect of Hong Kong under Articles 2-16 of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 364/96-97 to follow)
|III.||Legal Adviser's report on the subsidiary legislation tabled in the Legislative Council on 6 November 1996 (gazetted on 1 November 1996)|
(LegCo Paper No. LS 25/96-97)
|IV.||Position report on Bills Committees and Subcommittees|
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 350/96-97)
|V.||Further report by the Legal Adviser on outstanding bill|
Employees' Compensation (Amendment) (No 2) Bill 1996
(LegCo Paper No. LS 28/96-97)
|VI.||Legal Adviser's report on bills referred to the House Committee under Standing Order 42(3A)|
- Securities and Futures Commission (Amendment) (No 2) Bill 1996
(LegCo Paper No. LS 26/96-97)
- Protection of Wages on Insolvency (Amendment) Bill 1996
(LegCo Paper No. LS 30/96-97)
- Fugitive Offenders Bill
(LegCo Paper No. LS 29/96-97)
- Education (Amendment) Bill 1996 - Member's Bill introduced by Miss Christine LOH
(LegCo Paper No. LS 27/96-97)
|VII.||Further business for the LegCo sitting on 13 November 1996|
(LegCo Paper No. CB(3) 161/96-97)
|VIII.||Business for the LegCo sitting on 20 November 1996|
(LegCo Paper No. CB(3) 162/96-97)
No statement has yet been notified.
- Government Motion
No motion has yet been notified.
- Bills - 1st and 2nd Readings
- Fraud Bill
- Submarine Telegraph Bill
- District Court (Amendment) Bill 1996
- Landscape Architects Registration Bill
(Member's Bill to be introduced by Mr Edward S T HO)
- Bill - resumption of debate on 2nd Reading, Committee Stage and 3rd Reading
Hong Kong Institute of Education (Amendment) Bill 1996
- Motion debate on "Election of the Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region"
The above motion will be moved by Miss Emily LAU. Wording already considered at the last meeting.
- Motion debate on "Garrison law"
The above motion will be moved by Dr Anthony CHEUNG Bing-leung. Wording of the above motion is attached.
|IX.||Advance information on motion debate for the LegCo sitting on
27 November 1996|
Motion debate on "Special Administrative Region Chief Executive's policy on people's livelihood"
The above motion will be moved by Mr Fred LI Wah-ming. Wording of the motion to follow.
|X.||Reports of Panels/Bills Committees/Subcommittees
- Report of the Panel on Financial Affairs - Mandatory Provident Fund System
(LegCo Paper No. CB(1) 260/96-97)
- Report of the Bills Committee on the Evidence (Amendment) Bill 1996
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 362/96-97)
- Report of the Subcommittee on Procedural Matters - Order of business at LegCo sittings
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 356/96-97)
- Reports of the Subcommittee on Parliamentary Friendship Groups
- Legislative Council delegation's visit to Australia on 8-15 September 1996
(LegCo Paper No. CB(3) 138/96-97)
- Proposed visit to the United States of America
(LegCo Paper No. CB(3) 158/96-97)
- Proposed formation of a Hong Kong-Singapore Parliamentary Friendship Group
(LegCo Paper No. CB(3) 157/96-97)
|XI.||Any Other Business|
House Committee delegation to Japan
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 348/96-97)
[ Agenda | Minutes ]
Last Updated on 16 August 1999