|Date :||11 October 1996
|I.||Confirmation of minutes of meeting held on 4 October 1996|
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 70/96-97)
|II ||Matters arising
- Report on Chairman's meeting with the Chief Secretary
- Employment (Amendment) (No 3) Bill 1996
Verbal report by Legal Adviser.
|III.||Legal Adviser's report on the subsidiary legislation tabled in the Legislative Council on 9 October 1996 (gazetted on 4 October 1996)|
(LegCo Paper No. LS 7/96-97)
|IV.||Position report on Bills Committees and Subcommittees|
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 91/96-97)
The Chief Secretary's letter dated 4 October 1996 is attached.
|V.||Legal Adviser's report on bills referred to the House Committee under Standing Order 42(3A)|
- Arbitration (Amendment) Bill 1996
(LegCo Paper No. LS 5/96-97)
- Hong Kong Institute of Education (Amendment) Bill 1996
(LegCo Paper No. LS 4/96-97)
- University of Hong Kong (Amendment) Bill 1996 - Member's Bill introduced by Dr David K P LI
(LegCo Paper No. LS 10/96-97)
- The Orthodox Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and South East Asia Bill - Member's Bill introduced by Mr Eric LI Ka-cheung
(LegCo Paper No. LS 8/96-97)
- Public Order (Amendment) Bill 1996 - Member's Bill introduced by Mr James TO Kun-sun
(LegCo Paper No. LS 11/96-97)
|VI.||Business for the LegCo sitting on 23 October 1996
(LegCo Paper No. CB(3) 50/96-97)
No statement has yet been notified.
- Resolution under section 16(3) of the Ozone Layer Protection Ordinance (Cap 403) - to be moved by the Secretary for Planning, Environment and Lands
(LegCo Paper No. LS 9/96-97)
- Motion on Appointment of select committee�- to be moved by Mr IP Kwok-him
Wording of the motion attached.
- Bills - 1st and 2nd Readings
- Occupational Deafness (Compensation) (Amendment) Bill 1996
- The Discovery Bay Tunnel Link Bill
- Employment (Amendment) (No 4) Bill 1996
(Member's Bill to be introduced by Mr LEUNG Yiu-chung)
- Bills - resumption of debate on 2nd Reading, Committee Stage and 3rd Reading
- Noise Control (Amendment) Bill 1996
- Telecommunication (Amendment) Bill 1996
- Debate on Motion of Thanks
Response from the Administration.
|VII.||Advance information on motion debates for the LegCo sitting on 30 October 1996|
- Motion debate on Dialogue with the Chinese Government�BR>
The above motion (attached) will be moved by Mr LEUNG Yiu-chung.
- Motion debate on Review of the operation of the Trading Fund Scheme�
The above motion (attached) will be moved by Mr CHAN Kam-lam.
|VIII.||Reports of Panels/Bills Committees/Subcommittees|
- Report of the Panel on Administration of Justice and Legal Services - Terms of Reference
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 85/96-97)
- Report of the Subcommittee on Procedural Matters - Updating of House Rules
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 90/96-97)
|IX.||Any Other Business|
- Election of Members to The Legislative Council Commission
(LegCo Paper No. AS 12/96-97)
- Matters relating to the introduction of Member's Bills
Mr LEUNG Yiu-chung's letter dated 2 October 1996 is attached.
- House Committee delegation to Geneva to attend the hearings of the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child on 2 and 3 October 1996
Verbal report by Dr John TSE Wing-ling.
[ Agenda | Minutes ]
Last Updated on 16 August 1999