|Date :||18 October 1996
|I.||Confirmation of minutes of meeting held on 11 October 1996|
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 126/96-97)
- Report on Chairman's meeting with the Chief Secretary
- Public Order (Amendment) Bill 1996 - Member's Bill introduced by Mr James TO Kun-sun
(LegCo Paper No. LS 11/96-97 issued for the meeting on
11 October 1996 refers)
|III.||Legal Adviser's report on the subsidiary legislation tabled in the Legislative Council on 16 October 1996 (gazetted on 11 October 1996)|
(LegCo Paper No. LS 12/96-97)
|IV.||Position report on Bills Committees and Subcommittees|
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 159/96-97)
|V.||Further business for the LegCo sitting on 23 October 1996|
Bills - resumption of debate on 2nd Reading, Committee Stage and 3rd Reading
- Employment (Amendment) (No 3) Bill 1996
- University of Hong Kong (Amendment) Bill 1996
- The Orthodox Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and South East Asia Bill
|VI.||Business for the LegCo sitting on 30 October 1996
(LegCo Paper No. CB(3) 82/96-97)
No statement has yet been notified.
- Government Motion
Resolution under section 30(1) of the Public Finance Ordinance (Cap 2) - to be moved by the Secretary for the Treasury
(LegCo Paper No. LS 13/96-97)
- Bills - 1st and 2nd Readings
- Whaling Industry (Regulation) Bill
- Tsing Ma Control Area Bill
- Motion debate on Rate of pay adjustment�- to be moved by
Mr LEUNG Yiu-chung
Revised wording of the motion attached.
- Motion debate on Review of the operation of Trading Fund�- to be moved by Mr CHAN Kam-lam
Wording already considered at the last meeting.
|VII.|| Advance information on motion debates for the LegCo sitting on
6 November 1996
Motion debate on Strengthening the monitoring of statutory public utilities companies funds�
The above motion will be moved by Mr SIN Chung-kai. Wording of the motion to follow.
|VIII.||Report of Panels/Bills Committees/Subcommittees
- Report of the Panel on Information Policy - Review of legislation having an impact on press freedom
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 156/96-97)
- Report of the Panel on Transport - Overseas Study Tour
Verbal report by Mrs Miriam LAU.
|IX.||Any Other Business
- LegCo Fun Day
(LegCo Paper No. AS 435/95-96)
- Style change - Using a schedule for definitions
A paper prepared by the Attorney General's Chambers is attached.
- Powers and responsibilities of the Legislative Council Members returned by the Wholesale and Retail functional constituency
A note dated 15 October 1996 from Mrs Selina CHOW is attached.
[ Agenda | Minutes ]
Last Updated on 16 August 1999