|Date :||25 October 1996
|I.||Confirmation of minutes of meeting held on 18 October 1996
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 191/96-97)|
- Report on Chairman's meeting with the Chief Secretary
- a letter dated 22 October 1996 from the Chief Secretary on Government's Legislative Programme at Appendix I.
- a list of the seven Public Bills referred to in paragraph 4 of the Chief Secretary's letter is attached at Appendix II.
- Size, membership and chairmanship of the Select Committee to inquire into the circumstances surrounding the departure of Mr LEUNG Ming-yin, former Director of Immigration, from the Government and related issues
- Further report of the Legal Service Division - Resolution under section 30(1) of the Public Finance Ordinance
(LegCo Paper No. LS 19/96-97)
|III.||Legal Adviser's report on the subsidiary legislation tabled in the Legislative Council on 23 October 1996 (gazetted on 18 October 1996)|
(LegCo Paper No. LS 14/96-97)
|IV.||Position report on Bills Committees and Subcommittees|
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 195/96-97)
|V.||Legal Adviser's report on bills referred to the House Committee under Standing Order 42(3A)|
- The Discovery Bay Tunnel Link Bill
(LegCo Paper No. LS 16/96-97)
- Occupational Deafness (Compensation) (Amendment) Bill 1996
(LegCo Paper No. LS 6/96-97)
- Employment (Amendment) (No 4) Bill 1996 - Member's Bill introduced by Mr LEUNG Yiu-chung
(LegCo Paper No. LS 15/96-97)
|VI.||Business for the LegCo sitting on 6 November 1996|
(LegCo Paper No. CB(3) 107/96-97)
No statement has yet been notified.
- Government Motion
No motion has yet been notified.
- Bills - 1st and 2nd Readings
- Securities and Futures Commission (Amendment) (No 2) Bill 1996
- Protection of Wages on Insolvency (Amendment) Bill 1996
- Fugitive Offenders Bill
- Motion debate on Strengthening the monitoring of statutory public utilities companies�- to be moved by Mr SIN Chung-kai
Wording of the motion attached.
- Motion debate on Release of WANG Dan�- to be moved by
Mr Albert HO Chun-yan
Wording already considered at the last meeting.
- Education (Amendment) Bill 1996
(Member's Bill to be introduced by Miss Christine LOH)
|VII.|| Advance information on motion debates for the LegCo sitting on
13 November 1996
- Motion debate on Election of the Chief Executive of the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong�- to be moved by Miss Emily LAU
Wording of the motion to follow.
- Motion debate to be moved by Mr LEE Cheuk-yan
Subject and wording of the motion to follow.
|VIII.||Reports of Panels/Bills Committees/Subcommittees
- Report of the Subcommittee on subsidiary legislation gazetted from 5 July 1996 to 13 September 1996
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 205/96-97 to follow)
- Report of the Panel on Administration of Justice and Legal Services - Terms of Reference
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 208/96-97)
|IX.||Any Other Business
[ Agenda | Minutes ]
Last Updated on 16 August 1999