Administration of Justice & Legal Services
|Date :||11 January 1997
|I.||Internal discussion (9:00 am - 9:05 am)
|II.||Meeting with representatives of (9:05 am -11:00 am):|
- Attorney General's Chambers
- Judiciary Administrator's Office
- Administration Wing of the Chief Secretary's Office
- Hong Kong Bar Association
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
- The Faculty of Law of the University of Hong Kong
- The Faculty of Law of the City University of Hong Kong for the purposes of:
- continuing discussion on "R v TAM Yuk Ha and its implications"
(LegCo Paper Nos. CB(2)317/96-97, 691/96-97 and 872/96-97)
- discussing "CHAN Fung-lan v LAI Wai-chuen"
(LegCo Paper Nos. CB(2)853/96-97 and 862/96-97)
- discussing "Proposed Amendments to the Jury Ordinance, Cap. 3?(LegCo Paper No. CB(2)897/96-97)
- studying the experience of other jurisdictions of introducing bilingualism in court;
- studying the ways and means and problems of (including educating and training of law students) and resources required for promoting bilingualism in court; and
- considering the way forward.
|III.||Any other business (11:00 am - )
|IV.||Date of next meeting
9 January 1997
[ Agenda | Papers
]Last Updated on 12 August 1998