Note for The Legislative Council Constitutional Affairs Panel
Achievements at JLG XXXVIII
(4 to 6 December 1996)
Since JLG XXXVII there have been numerous expert contacts. The following agreements were reached and confirmed before JLG XXXVIII:
- the Agreed Minute on the Handover Ceremony (27 September 1996);
- HK/Indonesia Surrender of Fugitive Offenders Agreement (October 1996);
- the Agreed Minute on the Exchanged Fund (13 November 1996);
- HK/Japan Air Services Agreement (November 1996); and
- Privileges and immunities for the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office in Sydney (November 1996).
2. In addition at JLG XXXVIII, the following agreements were reached:
- the localisation of the Official Secrets Act; and
- the new franchise for New Lantao Bus Company (1973) Limited.
3. The two Senior Representatives also signed the Agreed Minutes for the following Airport-related franchises:
- Inter-plane Fuelling Services;
- Ground Support Equipment Maintenance Services; and
- Management, Operation and Maintenance of the Tsing Ma Control Area.
4. A copy of the communiqué is in Annex A. A copy of Mr Hugh Davies press statement is in Annex B.
Constitutional Affairs Branch
10 December 1996
Last Updated on 13 August 1998