LegCo Paper No. CB(1) 113/96-97
Ref : CB1/PL/ES/1
LegCo Panel on Economic Services
Minutes of the Meeting
held on Wednesday, 2 October 1996 at 2:00 p.m.
in Conference Room B of the Legislative Council Building
Members present :
Hon Henry TANG Ying-yen, JP (Chairman)
Dr Hon LAW Cheung-kwok (Deputy Chairman)
Hon Mrs Selina CHOW, OBE, JP
Hon LEE Wing-tat
Hon Fred LI Wah-ming
Dr Hon Samuel WONG Ping-wai, MBE, FEng, JP
Dr Hon Philip WONG Yu-hong
Hon Howard YOUNG, JP
Hon CHAN Kam-lam
Dr Hon Anthony CHEUNG Bing-leung
Hon SIN Chung-kai
Members absent :
Dr Hon David K P LI, OBE, LLD (Cantab), JP
Hon Mrs Miriam LAU Kin-yee, OBE, JP
Dr Hon HUANG Chen-ya, MBE
Hon LAU Chin-shek
Hon Mrs Elizabeth WONG, OBE, ISO, JP
Clerk in attendance :
- Ms Estella CHAN
- Chief Assistant Secretary (1)4
Staff in attendance :
- Miss Pauline NG
- Assistant Secretary General 1
- Miss Anita SIT
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)6
- Mr Daniel HUI
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)7
I Election of Chairman and Deputy Chairman
Mr Henry TANG referred to the list of Government Advisory Bodies relevant to the terms of reference of the Panel and invited members to note that in accordance with Standing Order 60E(6), those who were Chairman/Deputy Chairman of these advisory bodies would not be eligible to stand for election.
2. Mr Henry TANG and Dr LAW Cheung-kwok were elected chairman and deputy chairman respectively for the 1996-97 session.
II Terms of Reference
3. Members agreed that the current terms of reference of the Panel should continue.
III Schedule of meetings for the 1996-97 Session
4. Members agreed that regular meetings would be held at 2:30 pm on the second Monday of each month.
5. Members also agreed that the regular Panel meeting scheduled for October would be held exceptionally on Friday, 25 October 1996 at 10:45 am.
IV Items for discussion at the next meeting
6. Members noted the list of outstanding items for future discussion and agreed that the following items would be discussed at the meeting on 25 October 1996:
- Tariff revision for Hong Kong and China Gas Co Ltd; and
- Progress of development of Container Terminal No. 9.
7. Members also agreed that the following subjects would be tentative agenda items for the meeting on 11 November 1996:-
- Electricity generation development proposals for Hong Kong ; and
- Progress report from the Administration on the recommendation of the Burns and Roe Report of 1994.
8. The Panel also agreed that the Chairman of the Energy Advisory Committee should be invited to attend the meeting to be held on 11 November 1996.
9. The meeting ended at 2:18 pm.
Legislative Council Secretariat
11 October 1996
Last Updated on 14 August 1998