LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 234/95-96
LegCo Panel on Welfare Services
Minutes of Meeting
held on Thursday, 3 October 1996 at 4:00 p.m.
in Conference Room B of the Legislative Council Building
Members Present :
Hon Fred LI Wah-ming (Chairman)
Hon CHEUNG Man-kwong
Hon Zachary WONG Wai-yin
Hon James TIEN Pei-chun, OBE, JP
Hon CHAN Yuen-han
Dr Hon LAW Chi-kwong
Members Absent :
Hon David CHU Yu-lin (Deputy Chairman) *
Hon Eric LI Ka-cheung, OBE, JP *
Dr Hon YEUNG Sum *
Hon LEE Cheuk-yan *
Hon LEE Kai-ming *
Hon MOK Ying-fan *
Hon Frederick FUNG Kin-kee #
Dr Hon John TSE Wing-ling #
Clerk in Attendance :
- Ms Doris CHAN
- Chief Assistant Secretary (2)4
Staff in Attendance :
- Mrs Justina LAM
- Assistant Secretary General (2)
- Mr Alfred CHAU
- Senior Assistant Secretary (2)4
I. Election of Chairman and Deputy Chairman
Mr Fred LI Wah-ming and Mr David CHU Yu-lin were elected Chairman and Deputy Chairman respectively.
II. Terms of Reference
2. Members agreed that no change was required.
III. Schedule of meetings for the 1996-97 session
3. Members agreed that regular meetings of the Panel would be held on the second Friday of each month at 10:45 a.m.
4. Members also agreed to meet on 28 October 1996 at 8:30 a.m. to discuss the research paper on Comprehensive Social Security Assistance Study with the Administration and staff of the Research and Library Services Division.
(Post meeting note: As agreed at the Panel meeting on 7 October 1996, the meeting scheduled for 28 October 1996 was re-scheduled to 30 October at 8:30 a.m.)
IV. Items for discussion at the meeting to be held on 8 November 1996
5. Members agreed to discuss the following items at the meeting on 8 November 1996:
- Neighbourhood Level Community Development Project Services;
- Support network for vulnerable elderly people; and
- Consultancy Review of the Social Welfare Subvention System - outcome of the consultation exercise.
V. Any other business
6. The Chairman reminded members of the Panel meeting on 7 October 1996 to receive a briefing by the Secretary for Health and Welfare on the Governors Policy Address 1996.
7. The meeting ended at 4:15 p.m.
25 October 1996
* -- Other Commitments
# -- Away from Hong Kong
Last Updated on 22 August 1998