Amend the Town Planning Ordinance.
Enacted by the Provisional Legislative Council.
1. Short title and commencement
- This Ordinance may be cited as the Town Planning (Amendment) Ordinance 1998.
- This Ordinance shall come into operation on a day to be appointed by the Secretary for Planning, Environment and Lands by notice in the Gazette.
The Town Planning Ordinance (Cap. 131) is amended by adding---
"2A.Appointment of committees by the Board
- Notwithstanding section 2(3), the Board may appoint committees from among its members to exercise the Board's powers under section 6(6), (6A),(7), (8) and (9).
- A committee appointed under this section shall consist of not less than 5 members at least 3 of whom are not public officers.
- The Board shall, from the members of a committee appointed under this section, appoint one member to be Chairman of the committee and one member to be Deputy Chairman of the committee.
- The quorum for a committee is the Chairman or Deputy Chairman and 2 members.
- Notwithstanding subsection (4), a committee shall not meet or continue to meet unless a majority of those present are not public officers.".
3.Consideration of objections
Section 6 is amended by adding---
"(6A) The Board may direct that any objection made in respect of the same draft plan shall be dealt with at the same meeting and such objection may be dealt with by the Board either individually or collectively as it may determine.
(6B) If the objector or his authorized representative does not attend any meeting the Board may proceed with the meeting and deal with the objection or adjourn it and such meeting may not be adjourned more than once.".
4.Submission of considered draft plan
to Chief Executive in Council
Section 8 is amended---
- by renumbering it as section 8(1);
- by adding---
"(2)A submission to the Chief Executive in Council under subsection (1) shall---
or in either case, such further period after the expiration of either period of 9 months as the Chief Executive may, on application by the Board, allow in any particular case.".
- in the case where the Board does not make amendments to the draft plan under section 7, be made before the expiration of a period of 9 months after the expiration of the period of 2 months mentioned in section 5; and
- in the case where the Board does make amendments to the draft plan under section 7, be made before the expiration of a period of 9 months after the expiration both, of the period of 2 months mentioned in section 5 and of the period of 3 weeks mentioned in section 7,
The amendments effected by this Ordinance shall not apply in respect of---
- a draft plan which, prior to the commencement of this Ordinance, has been exhibited under section 5; or
- an amendment to a draft plan which, prior to the commencement of this Ordinance, has been exhibited under section 7,
of the Town Planning Ordinance (Cap. 131).