Provisional Legislative Council
Panel on Financial Affairs
Monday, 17 November 1997, at 4:30 pm
in Conference Room B of the Legislative Council Building
- Confirmation of minutes and matters arising
(4:30 pm - 4:35 pm)
PLC Papers No. CB(1) 319, 406 and 489
-Minutes of the meetings on 11 September, 6 October and 11 October 1997
- Information papers issued since last meeting
PLC Paper No. CB(1) 336
-A joint submission from 19 passenger shipping companies requesting a reduction or abolition of embarkation fees on passengers leaving Hong Kong by sea.
PLC Paper No. CB(1) 344
-Regional Monitor - Issue No. 6: September 1997.
PLC Paper No. CB(1) 387
-Information paper on the creation of a permanent post of Deputy Commissioner of Inland Revenue.
PLC Paper No. CB(1) 407(01)
-Information paper on the proposal to close the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department Suspense Account and the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department Workshop Services Suspense Account.
- Items for discussion for the next meeting scheduled for 1 December 1997
(4:35 pm - 4:40 pm)
- Report on the 1997 World Bank Group/International Monetary Fund annual meetings
(4:40 pm - 5:20 pm)
PLC Paper No. CB(1) 490(01)
-Information paper provided by the Administration
- Report on the current status of the "Life Boat Loan" set up after the 1987 stock market crash
(5:20 pm - 6:00 pm)
PLC Paper No. CB(1) 490(02)
-Information paper provided by the Administration (to follow)
- Any other business
(6:00 pm onwards)
Provisional Legislative Council Secretariat
13 November 1997
[ Membership | Agenda | Papers ]