Provisional Legislative Council
PLC Paper No. CB(1) 201
Ref : CB1/PL/FA/1
Panel on Financial Affairs
Minutes of Meeting held on Tuesday, 22 July 1997, at 3:00 p.m. in Conference Room B of the Legislative Council Building
Members present :
Hon NGAN Kam-chuen (Deputy Chairman)
Hon Henry WU
Hon Ronald ARCULLI, JP
Dr Hon Philip WONG Yu-hong
Hon CHIM Pui-chung
Member absent :
Hon Paul CHENG Ming-fun, JP (Chairman)
Hon NG Leung-sing
Hon Eric LI Ka-cheung, JP
Dr Hon David LI Kwok-po, JP
Hon CHAN Choi-hi
Dr Hon LAW Cheung-kwok
Clerk in attendance :
- Ms Estella CHAN,
- Chief Assistant Secretary (1)4
Staff in attendance :
- Mr Andy LAU,
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)6
- Mr Daniel HUI,
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)7
I.Election of Chairman and Deputy Chairman
(Appendix I - List of Government Advisory Body relevant to the Panel)
Members agreed that Mr Ronald ARCULLI should preside over the election of Chairman and Deputy Chairman. Mr Ronald ARCULLI invited nominations for the Chairman. Mr Paul CHENG Ming-fun was nominated by Dr Philip WONG YU-hong and seconded by Mr NGAN Kam-chuen. (Note: Mr CHENG ' s acceptance of the nomination had been confirmed.)
2. There being no other nomination, Mr Paul CHENG Ming-fun was declared elected as Chairman of the Panel.
3. Mr Ronald ARCULLI invited nominations for the Deputy Chairman. Mr NGAN Kam-chuen was nominated by Mr Henry WU and seconded by Dr Philip WONG Yu-hong. Mr NGAN Kam-chuen accepted the nomination.
4. There being no other nomination, Mr NGAN Kam-chuen was declared elected as Deputy Chairman of the Panel.
5. As the Chairman was absent, the Deputy Chairman took over the chair for the meeting.
II. Schedule of meetings for the session
6. Members agreed that regular meetings would be held on the first Monday of each month at 4:30 pm and the next meeting date would be 1 September 1997. Subsequent meeting dates until end of 1997 were 6 October, 3 November and 1 December 1997.
III. Items for discussion at the next meeting
7. Members agreed that the Secretary for Financial Services and Secretary for the Treasury should be invited to brief members on their respective areas of work at the meeting on 1 September 1997.
IV. Any other business
8. There being no other business, the meeting ended at 3:10 pm
Provisional Legislative Council Secretariat
5 September 1997