Election Meetings of Provisional Legislative Council Panels
Note for Chairman
Election of deputy chairman
- Members please take note of the election procedures and list of Government advisory bodies relevant to the Panel tabled at the meeting. A member who is the chairman or deputy chairman of a Government advisory body shall not be the chairman or deputy chairman of the Panel. A member shall not be chairman or deputy chairman of more than one panel at the same time.
- Please call for nominations for the deputy chairman and invite members to second the nomination.
- If there is only one nomination, please declare the nominee elected as deputy chairman.
- If there are two or more nominations:
-Secretariat to distribute a ballot paper to each of the members present;
-each member to put down the name of the nominee of his choice on the ballot paper;
-Secretariat to collect and count the ballot papers;
-please declare the nominee who receives the highest number of votes as deputy chairman;
-if two or more nominees receive the same highest votes, please announce that lots will be drawn to decide the casting vote, and declare the result.
- Please invite the elected deputy chairman to take his seat beside the chairman.
Meeting schedule and agenda
- Please invite members to schedule regular meetings and determine the date and time for the next meeting.
- Members may wish to decide on items for the next meeting.
- Please consult members on the need to invite Government officials to brief members on the policy objectives of the relevant Bureau at the next meeting.