LC Paper No. ESC 3/98-99
Ref : CB1/F/3/2
Establishment Subcommittee of the Finance Committee of the Legislative Council
Minutes of the first meeting held at Conference Room A of the Legislative Council Buildingon Wednesday, 15 July 1998, at 2:00 pm
Members present :
Hon David CHU Yu-lin
Hon Michael HO Mun-ka
Dr Hon Raymond HO Chung-tai, JP
Hon Eric LI Ka-cheung, JP
Hon NG Leung-sing
Hon Margaret NG
Hon CHEUNG Man-kwong
Hon CHAN Kwok-keung
Hon CHAN Wing-chan
Dr Hon LEONG Che-hung, JP
Dr Hon Philip WONG Yu-hong
Hon Howard YOUNG, JP
Hon SZETO Wah
Members absent :
Hon Cyd HO Sau-lan
Dr Hon David LI Kwok-po, JP
Hon Mrs Selina CHOW LIANG Shuk-yee, JP
Hon MA Fung-kwok
Hon Bernard CHAN
Hon Andrew WONG Wang-fat, JP
Hon Jasper TSANG Yok-sing, JP
Hon YEUNG Yiu-chung
Hon Emily LAU Wai-hing, JP
Hon CHOY So-yuk
Clerk in attendance :
- Miss Polly YEUNG
- Chief Assistant Secretary (1)3
Staff in attendance :
- Ms Pauline NG
- Assistant Secretary General 1
- Ms Sarah YUEN
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)4
- Ms Anita SIT
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)8
The Clerk advised that the purpose of the meeting was to elect the Chairman and Deputy Chairman of the Establishment Subcommittee, and that the election procedure had been circulated to members on 11 July 1998.
2. As members had no objection to the election procedure, the Clerk invited nominations for the Presiding Member. Mr David CHU was nominated by Mr CHAN Wing-chan and seconded by Mr CHAN Kwok-keung. Mr CHU accepted the nomination.
3. There being no other nomination, Mr David CHU was declared elected as the Presiding Member.
Election of Chairman
4. Mr David CHU invited nominations for the chairmanship. Dr Philip WONG was nominated by Mr CHAN Wing-chan and seconded by Mr Howard YOUNG. Dr WONG accepted the nomination.
5. There being no other nomination, Dr Philip WONG was declared elected as Chairman of the Establishment Subcommittee for the 1998-99 session.
Election of Deputy Chairman
6. Dr Philip WONG Yu-hong took the chair and called for nominations for the deputy chairmanship. Mr NG Leung-sing was nominated by Mr Eric LI and seconded by Dr Raymond HO.
7. There being no other nomination, Mr NG Leung-sing was declared elected as Deputy Chairman of the Establishment Subcommittee for the 1998-99 session.
Dates of next two meetings
8. The Chairman advised that the next two meetings of the Subcommittee would be held on 16 September 1998 and 14 October 1998, both starting at 10:45 am.
9. There being no other business, the meeting ended at 2:05 pm.
Legislative Council Secretariat
23 July 1998