House Committee of the Legislative Council
12th meeting on 6 November 1998
A G E N D A
- Confirmation of the minutes of the 11th meeting held on 30 October 1998
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 543/98-99)
- Matters arising
Report by the Chairman on his meeting with the Chief Secretary for Administration
- Business arising from previous Council meetings
- Legal Service Division's reports on bills referred to the House Committee in accordance with Rule 54(4)
- Introduction of the Euro Bill
(LC Paper No. LS 39/98-99 to follow)
- Immigration (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 1998
(LC Paper No. LS 45/98-99)
- Legal Service Division's report on subsidiary legislation tabled in Council on 4 November 1998 (gazetted on 23 October 1998)
(LC Paper No. LS 51/98-99)
- Further business for the Council meeting on 11 November 1998
Bills - resumption of debate on Second Reading, Committee Stage and Third Reading
Bankruptcy (Amendment) Bill 1998
- Business for the Council meeting on 18 November 1998
(LC Paper No. CB(3) 559/98-99)
- Bills - First and Second Readings
- Industrial Training (Clothing Industry)(Amendment) Bill 1998
- Adaptation of Laws (No. 7) Bill 1998
- Adaptation of Laws (No. 8) Bill 1998
- Bills - resumption of debate on Second Reading, Committee Stage and Third Reading
Securities (Amendment) Bill 1998
- Government motions
No notice has been received yet.
- Members' motions
- Motion on Amending legislation to regulate wage reductions
The above motion to be moved by Hon CHAN Wing-chan. Wording of the motion attached.
- Motion on Resumption of land sales
The above motion to be moved by Hon LEE Wing-tat. Wording of the motion attached.
- Advance information on business for the Council meeting on 25 November 1998
- Motion on Information technology strategy
Hon SIN Chung-kai has been allocated a debate slot.
- Motion on Improving air quality
Hon Edward HO Sing-tin, JP has been allocated a debate slot.
- Position report on Bills Committees/subcommittees
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 556/98-99)
- Report of the Bills Committee on Securities (Amendment) Bill 1998
(LC Paper No. CB(1) 421/98-99to follow)
- Report of the subcommittee on Subsidiary Legislation made under the Estate Agents Ordinance (Cap. 511) gazetted on 16 October 1998
Verbal report by Hon Andrew CHENG Kar-foo, subcommittee Chairman.
- Any other business
- Attendance of senior government officials at meetings of LegCo committees
- LegCo Members remuneration
Legislative Council Secretariat
5 November 1998