House Committee of the Legislative Council
4th meeting on 17 July 1998
A G E N D A
- Confirmation of the minutes of the 2nd and 3rd meetings held on 6 and 10 July 1998
(LC Paper Nos. CB(2) 10 & CB(2) 38/98-99)
- Matters arising
Report by the Chairman on his meeting with the Chief Secretary for Administration
- Business arising from previous Council meetings
- Legal Service Division's report on bills referred to the House Committee in accordance with Rule 54(4)
- Evidence (Amendment) Bill 1998
(LC Paper No. LS 3/98-99 to follow)
- Supplementary Appropriation (1997-98) Bill 1998
(LC Paper No. LS 15/98-99)
- Legal Service Division's report on subsidiary legislation tabled in Council on 15 July 1998 (gazetted on 10 July 1998)
(LC Paper No. LS 14/98-99 to follow)
- Further business for the Council meeting on 22 July 1998
(LC Paper No. CB(3) 67/98-99)
- Business for the Council meeting on 29 July 1998
(LC Paper No. CB(3) 68/98-99)
- Bills - resumption of debate on Second Reading, Committee Stage and Third Reading
Holiday (Amendment) Bill 1998
- Government motions
No notice has been received yet.
- Members' motions
- Motion on "Review of district organisations"
The above motion to be moved by Hon Ambrose CHEUNG Wing-sum. Draft wording of the motion attached.
- Motion on "Central harbour reclamation"
The above motion to be moved by Hon Christine LOH. Draft wording of the motion attached.
- Report of the Subcommittee on Subsidiary Legislation gazetted between 13 March 1998 and 6 July 1998
Verbal report by Hon Ronald ARCULLI, subcommittee Chairman.
- Report of the Bills Committee on Holidays (Amendment) Bill 1998
- Report of the Subcommittee on Government Motions under section 48A of the Employees' Compensation Ordinance and section 40 of the Pneumoconiosis (Compensation) Ordinance
- Subcommittee to prepare for the setting up of the Select Committee to inquire into matters relating to the opening of the new airport at Chek Lap Kok
- Election of Members to The Legislative Council Commission
(LC Paper No. AS 29/98-99)
- Formation of Parliamentary Liaison Subcommittee
(LC Paper No. CB(3) 62/98-99)
- Any other business
Legislative Council Secretariat
15 July 1998