LC Paper No. AS 47/98-99
Ref: AM/15/01/01 (VIII)
Subcommittee onMembers Present :
Review of Allowances for Members of the Legislative Council
Minutes of Meeting held on
Friday, 24 July 1998 at 2:15 pm
in Conference Room C of the Legislative Council Building
Hon Emily LAU Wai-hing, JP (Chairman)
Hon YEUNG Yiu-chung (Deputy Chairman)
Hon Cyd HO Sau-lan
Hon Fred LI Wah-ming
Hon NG Leung-sing
Hon Christine LOH
Hon Bernard CHAN
Hon Howard YOUNG, JP
Hon Ambrose LAU Hon Chuen, JPMember Absent :
Hon WONG Yung-kanClerk in attendance :
Staff in attendance :
- Mr Joseph KWONG
- Acting Principal Assistant Secretary (Administration)
I. Election of Chairman and Deputy Chairman
- Mrs Queenie YU
- Senior Assistant Secretary (Administration)(2)(Des)
The Clerk invited nominations for the Chairman. Miss Emily LAU Wai-hing was nominated by Mr YEUNG Yiu-chung and seconded by Mr Fred LI Wah-ming. Miss Emily LAU Wai-hing accepted the nomination.
2. There being no other nomination, Miss Emily LAU Wai-hing was declared Chairman of the Subcommittee.
3. Miss Emily LAU Wai-hing took over the chair.
4. Miss Emily LAU Wai-hing invited nominations for the Deputy Chairman. Mr YEUNG Yiu-chung was nominated by Mr Fred LI Wah-ming and seconded by Mr LAU Hon-chuen. Mr YEUNG Yiu-chung accepted the nomination.
5. There being no other nomination, Mr YEUNG Yiu-chung was declared Deputy Chairman of the Subcommittee.
II. Proposed issues for discussion by the Subcommittee
6. Members agreed that the next meeting would discuss the following:
- Financial arrangement for Reimbursement of Operating and Setting Up Expenses
- Allocation of Member's offices in housing estates
Information papers for the above items would be prepared by the Clerk for discussion at the next meeting.
III. Date of next meeting
7. Members agreed that the next meeting would be held on Wednesday, 29 July 1998 at 11:00 am.
IV. Any other business
8. Members agreed that future meetings of the Subcommittee would be open meetings.
9. There being no other business, the meeting ended at 2:30 pm.
Legislative Council Secretariat