LC Paper No. CB(2)1233/98-99
Ref : CB2/PS/2/98
LegCo Panel on EducationMembers Present :
Subcommittee on facilities in special schools
for physically handicapped children
Minutes of Meeting
held on Friday, 6 November 1998
immediately after the House Committee meeting
in the Chamber of the Legislative Council Building
Hon CHEUNG Man-kwong (Chairman)
Hon LEUNG Yiu-chung
Hon Andrew WONG Wang-fat, JP
Dr Hon YEUNG SumClerk in Attendance :
Staff in Attendance :
- Mrs Constance LI
- Chief Assistant Secretary (2) 2
I. Election of Chairman
- Mr Stanley MA
- Senior Assistant Secretary (2) 6
Mr CHEUNG Man-kwong was elected Chairman of the Subcommittee.
II. Date of next meeting
2. The Chairman proposed and members agreed to visit some special schools for physically handicapped children on Wednesday, 18 November 1998, to obtain first-hand information on the facilities in these schools.
3. The Subcommittee will fix the date of next meeting after the visit. The Subcommittee agreed that representatives of the Administration, the Hong Kong Special Schools Council and the Hong Kong Society of Rehabilitation Community Communication Network should be invited to join the visit.
(Post-meeting note : Arrangements had been made for the Subcommittee to visit three special schools on 18 November 1998 : Hong Kong Christian Service Pui Oi School, Margaret Trench Red Cross School and John F Kennedy Centre.)
4. The meeting ended at 3:20 pm.
Legislative Council Secretariat
2 February 1999