LC Paper No. CB(1) 49/98-99
Panel on Housing
Minutes of meeting
held on Tuesday, 14 July 1998, at 11:40 am
in the Chamber of the Legislative Council Building
Members present :
Hon LEE Wing-tat (Chairman)
Hon Gary CHENG Kai-nam (Deputy Chairman)
Hon HO Sai-chu, JP
Hon Edward HO Sing-tin, JP
Hon Albert HO Chun-yan
Hon Fred LI Wah-ming
Hon NG Leung-sing
Hon Ronald ARCULLI, JP
Hon James TO Kun-sun
Hon Christine LOH
Hon CHAN Yuen-han
Hon CHAN Kam-lam
Hon LEUNG Yiu-chung
Dr Hon YEUNG Sum
Hon LAU Kong-wah
Hon Andrew CHENG Kar-foo
Hon SZETO Wah
Members absent :
Hon David CHU Yu-lin
Hon LEE Cheuk-yan
Hon Mrs Selina CHOW LIANG Shuk-yee, JP
Hon Andrew WONG Wang-fat, JP
Hon Timothy FOK Tsun-ting, JP
Hon TAM Yiu-chung, JP
Clerk in attendance :
- Ms LEUNG Siu-kum,
- Chief Assistant Secretary (1)2
Staff in attendance :
I Election of Chairman and Deputy Chairman
- Ms Pauline NG,
- Assistant Secretary General 1
- Miss Becky YU,
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)3
Nominated by Mr CHAN Kam-lam and seconded by Mr NG Leung-sing, Miss CHAN Yuen-han was elected as the presiding member for the meeting for election of Chairman of the Panel.
2. Miss CHAN Yuen-han invited nominations for the Chairman. Mr LEE Wing-tat was nominated by Mr CHENG Kai-nam and seconded by Miss Christine LOH. Mr LEE Wing-tat accepted the nomination.
3. There being no other nomination, Mr LEE Wing-tat was declared Chairman of the Panel.
4. Mr LEE Wing-tat took over the chair.
5. Mr LEE Wing-tat invited nominations for the Deputy Chairman. Mr CHENG Kai-nam was nominated by Mr Ronald ARCULLI and seconded by Mr YEUNG Sum. Mr CHENG Kai-nam accepted the nomination.
6. There being no other nomination, Mr CHENG Kai-nam was declared Deputy Chairman of the Panel.
II Schedule of meetings for the 1998-99 session
7. Members agreed that except for the next meeting, future meetings of the Panel would be held on the first Monday of each month at 4:30 pm.
III Discussion items for next meeting
8. Members agreed that the next meeting would be held on Thursday, 23 July 1998, at 11:00 am to discuss the following:
IV Any other business
9. There being no other business, the meeting ended at 12:00 noon.
Legislative Council Secretariat
20 July 1998