LC Paper No. CB(1)57/98-99
LegCo Panel on Planning, Lands and Works
Minutes of meeting
held on Tuesday, 14 July 1998, at 3:20 pm
in Conference Room B of the Legislative Council Building
Members present :
Hon Edward HO Sing-tin, JP (Chairman)
Dr Hon TANG Siu-tong, JP (Deputy Chairman)
Hon Ronald ARCULLI, JP
Hon James TO Kun-sun
Hon WONG Yung-kan
Hon LAU Kong-wah
Hon LAU Wong-fat, GBS, JP
Hon Andrew CHENG Kar-foo
Members absent :
Hon HO Sai-chu, JP
Dr Hon Raymond HO Chung-tai, JP
Hon LEE Wing-tat
Hon TAM Yiu-chung, JP
Clerk in attendance :
- Miss Odelia LEUNG,
- Chief Assistant Secretary (1)1
Staff in attendance :
I Election of Chairman and Deputy Chairman
- Ms Pauline NG,
- Assistant Secretary General 1
- Mrs Mary TANG,
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)2
- Miss Becky YU,
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)3
Nominated by Mr James TO and seconded by Mr LAU Kong-wah, Mr Ronald ARCULLI was elected as the presiding member for election of Chairman of the Panel.
2. Mr Ronald ARCULLI invited nominations for chairmanship. Mr Edward HO was nominated by Dr TANG Siu-tong and seconded by Mr LAU Wong-fat. Mr Edward HO accepted the nomination.
3. There being no other nomination, Mr Edward HO was declared Chairman of the Panel.
4. Mr Edward HO took over the chair.
5. Mr Edward HO invited nominations for deputy chairmanship. Dr TANG Siu-tong was nominated by Mr Ronald ARCULLI and seconded by Mr WONG Yung-Kan. Dr TANG Siu-tong accepted the nomination.
6. There being no other nomination, Dr TANG Siu-tong was declared Deputy Chairman of the Panel.
II Schedule of meetings for the 1998-99 session
7. Members agreed that future meetings of the Panel would be held on the second Thursday of each month at 10:45 am.
III Discussion items for the next meeting
8. Members agreed that the next meeting would be held on 23 July 1998 at 2:30 pm to discuss the subjects of flood control and prevention as well as slope safety. Members also agreed that no meeting would be held in August 1998.
9. Referring to the list of issues to be considered tabled at the meeting, members agreed that the subject of introducing a licensing system for overhanging signboards would be discussed at the October meeting.
10. Members asked the Secretariat to seek a paper from the Administration on the comments received on the draft Outline Zoning Plan for Central and Wanchai Reclamation which was gazetted for public consultation on 29 May 1998. The objection period for the said Plan would expire on 29 July 1998.
IV Any other business
11. There being no other business, the meeting ended at 3:40 pm.
Legislative Council Secretariat
21 July 1998