LC Paper No. CB(1) 55/98-99
Panel on Trade and Industry
Minutes of meeting
held on Tuesday, 14 July 1998, at 10:40 am
in Conference Room B of the Legislative Council Building
Members present :
Hon CHAN Kam-lam (Chairman)
Hon Kenneth TING Woo-shou, JP
Hon James TIEN Pei-chun, JP
Hon Cyd HO Sau-lan
Hon NG Leung-sing
Hon Mrs Selina CHOW LIANG Shuk-yee, JP
Hon MA Fung-kwok
Hon CHEUNG Man-kwong
Hon HUI Cheung-ching
Hon CHAN Kwok-keung
Hon Mrs Sophie LEUNG LAU Yau-fun, JP
Hon SIN Chung-kai
Dr Hon Philip WONG Yu-hong
Members absent :
Dr Hon LUI Ming-wah, JP (Deputy Chairman)
Hon David CHU Yu-lin
Prof Hon NG Ching-fai
Hon CHIM Pui-chung
Clerk in attendance :
- Ms LEUNG Siu-kum,
- Chief Assistant Secretary (1)2
Staff in attendance :
I Election of Chairman and Deputy Chairman
- Ms Pauline NG,
- Assistant Secretary General 1
- Miss Becky YU,
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)3
Nominated by Mr CHEUNG Man-kwong and seconded by Mr Kenneth TING Woo-shou, Mr SIN Chung-kai was elected as the presiding member for the meeting for election of Chairman of the Panel.
2. Mr SIN Chung-kai invited nominations for the Chairman. Mr CHAN Kam-lam was nominated by Mr Kenneth TING Woo-shou and seconded by Mr CHAN Kwok-keung. Mr CHAN Kam-lam accepted the nomination.
3. There being no other nomination, Mr CHAN Kam-lam was declared Chairman of the Panel.
4. Mr CHAN Kam-lam took over the chair.
5. Mr CHAN Kam-lam invited nominations for the Deputy Chairman. Mr LUI Ming-wah was nominated by Mr SIN Chung-kai and seconded by Mr CHEUNG Man-kwong. Mr SIN Chung-kai accepted the nomination on behalf of Hon LUI Ming-wah who was not able to attend the meeting.
6. There being no other nomination, Mr LUI Ming-wah was declared Deputy Chairman of the Panel.
II Schedule of meetings for the 1998-99 session
7. Members agreed that except for the next meeting, future meetings of the Panel would be held on the first Monday of each month at 2:30 pm.
III Discussion items for next meeting
8. Members agreed that the next meeting would be held on Wednesday, 22 July 1998, at 8:30 am to discuss the Special Financial Scheme for small and medium enterprises.
(Post-meeting note: An additional item on "Prepayment for goods and services" was subsequently included in the agenda.)
IV Any other business
9. There being no other business, the meeting ended at 11:00 am.
Legislative Council Secretariat
21 July 1998