LC Paper No. CB(2) 104/98-99
Ref : CB2/PL/WS
LegCo Panel on Welfare Services
Minutes of Meeting
held on Tuesday, 14 July 1998 at 9:40 am
in the Chamber of the Legislative Council Building
Hon CHAN Yuen-han (Chairman)
Hon HO Sai-chu, JP (Deputy Chairman)
Hon David CHU Yu-lin
Hon Cyd HO Sau-lan
Hon Fred LI Wah-ming
Hon Ronald ARCULLI, JP
Dr Hon YEUNG Sum
Hon YEUNG Yiu-chung
Hon LAW Chi-kwong, JP
Hon LEE Cheuk-yan
Hon Eric LI Ka-cheung, JP
Hon LEE Kai-ming, JP
Hon CHOY So-yukClerk in Attendance :
Staff in Attendance :
- Ms Doris CHAN
- Chief Assistant Secretary (2) 4
I. Election of Presiding Member
- Mrs Justina LAM
- Assistant Secretary General 2
- Ms Joanne MAK
- Senior Assistant Secretary (2) 4
In accordance with the election procedure circulated to members on 11 July 1998 vide LC Paper No. CB(2) 32/98-99, the Clerk called for nominations for the presiding Member.
2. Mr Fred LI was nominated by Dr YEUNG Sum and the nomination was seconded by Mr Ronald ARCULLI. Mr Fred LI accepted the nomination. There being no other nomination, the Clerk declared that Mr Fred LI was elected as the presiding Member.
II. Election of Chairman
3. Mr Fred LI took the chair and called for nominations for the chairmanship of the Panel.
4. Dr YEUNG Sum nominated Miss CHAN Yuen-han as Chairman of the Panel. Mr YEUNG Yiu-chung seconded the nomination. Miss CHAN Yuen-han accepted the nomination. There being no other nomination, the presiding Member declared that Miss CHAN Yuen-han was elected as Chairman of the Panel.
III. Election of Deputy Chairman
5. Miss CHAN Yuen-han called for nominations for the deputy chairmanship of the Panel.
6. Mr Ronald ARCULLI nominated Mr HO Sai-chu as Deputy Chairman of the Panel. Messrs LAW Chi-kwong, YEUNG Yiu-chung and Fred LI seconded the nomination. Mr HO Sai-chu accepted the nomination. There being no other nomination, the Chairman declared that Mr HO Sai-chu was elected as Deputy Chairman of the Panel.
IV. Schedule of meetings for the 1998-99 session
7. Members agreed to hold regular meetings on the second Monday of each month at 10:45 am except for the next meeting which would be held on 27 July 1998. There would be no meeting in August.
V. Discussion items for next meeting
(List of issues to be considered by the Panel in Appendix
8. Members noted the list of issues to be considered by the Panel, which had been tabled at the meeting. Members agreed to discuss the following topics at the next meeting -
- Neighbourhood Level Community Development Projects;
- Review of the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance Scheme; and
- Review of school social work service.
9. The meeting ended at 10 am.
Legislative Council Secretariat
21 July 1998
English version not yet availbale
Please refer to Chinese version