LC Paper No. ESC5/99-00
Ref : CB1/F/3/2
Establishment Subcommittee of the Finance Committee
of the Legislative Council
Minutes of the 1st meeting
held at the Legislative Council Chamber
on Wednesday, 6 October 1999, at 12:00 pm
Dr Hon Philip WONG Yu-hong (Chairman)
Hon NG Leung-sing (Deputy Chairman)
Hon Michael HO Mun-ka
Ir Dr Hon Raymond HO Chung-tai, JP
Hon CHEUNG Man-kwong
Hon CHAN Kwok-keung
Hon CHAN Wing-chan
Dr Hon LEONG Che-hung, JP
Hon Howard YOUNG, JP
Hon YEUNG Yiu-chung
Hon CHOY So-yuk
Dr Hon David LI Kwok-po, JP
Hon Margaret NG
Hon Mrs Selina CHOW LIANG Shuk-yee, JP
Hon Ronald ARCULLI, JP
Hon MA Fung-kwok
Hon Bernard CHAN
Hon Andrew WONG Wang-fat, JP
Hon Jasper TSANG Yok-sing, JP
Hon Emily LAU Wai-hing, JP
Hon SZETO Wah
Clerk in attendance:
Staff in attendance:
- Miss Polly YEUNG
- Chief Assistant Secretary (1)3
- Ms Pauline NG
- Assistant Secretary General 1
- Ms Sarah YUEN
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)4
- Ms Anita SIT
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)8
Dr Philip WONG Yu-hong, Chairman of the Establishment Subcommittee (ESC) in office, chaired the meeting. He advised that the purpose of the meeting was to elect the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman of the ESC for the 1999-2000 session.
Election of Chairman
2. Dr Philip WONG Yu-hong invited nominations for the chairmanship. Dr Philip WONG Yu-hong was nominated by Mr CHEUNG Man-kwong. As Dr WONG was nominated for the chairmanship, Mr NG Leung-sing, Deputy Chairman of the ESC in office, presided over the election of Chairman. The nomination of Dr WONG was seconded by Dr Raymond HO Chung-tai. Dr WONG accepted the nomination.
3. There being no other nomination, Mr NG Leung-sing declared that Dr Philip WONG Yu-hong was elected Chairman of the ESC for the 1999-2000 session.
Election of Deputy Chairman
4. Dr Philip WONG Yu-hong took the chair and called for nominations for the deputy chairmanship. Mr NG Leung-sing was nominated by Dr LEONG Che-hung and seconded by Mr Howard YOUNG. Mr NG accepted the nomination.
5. There being no other nomination, the Chairman declared that Mr NG Leung-sing was elected Deputy Chairman of the ESC for the 1999-2000 session.
6. The Chairman informed members that Mr David CHU Yu-lin had notified the Clerk in writing that he would withdraw membership of the Subcommittee.
Date of next meeting
7. The Chairman advised that the next meeting of the Subcommittee would be held on 27 October 1999, at 10:45 am.
8. There being no other business, the meeting ended at 12:05 pm.
Legislative Council Secretariat
14 October 1999