House Committee of the Legislative Council
9th meeting on 3 December 1999
- Confirmation of the minutes of the 8th meeting held on 26 November 1999
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 493/99-00)
- Matters arising
Report by the Chairman on his meeting with the Chief Secretary for Administration
- Business arising from previous Council meetings
- Legal Service Division's reports on bills referred to the House Committee in accordance with Rule 54(4)
- Merchant Shipping (Safety) (Amendment) Bill 1999
(LC Paper No. LS 28/99-00)
- Dangerous Goods (Amendment) Bill 1999
(LC Paper No. LS 35/99-00)
- Legal Service Division's report on subsidiary legislation tabled in Council on 1 December 1999 (gazetted on 26 November 1999)
(LC Paper No. LS 34/99-00)
- Further business for the Council meeting on 8 December 1999
Resolution under section 34(4) of the Interpretation and General Clauses Ordinance (Cap. 1) - to be moved by Hon Margaret NG
- Business for the Council meeting on 15 December 1999
(LC Paper No. CB(3) 276/99-00)
- Bills - First and Second Readings
- Landlord and Tenant (Consolidation) (Amendment) Bill 1999
- Education (Amendment) Bill 1999
- Drug Trafficking and Organized Crimes (Amendment) Bill 1999
- Bills - resumption of debate on Second Reading, Committee Stage and Third Reading
Industrial Training (Clothing Industry) (Amendment) Bill 1999
- Government motion
Resolution under section 31(4) of the Import and Export Ordinance (Cap. 60) - to be moved by the Secretary for Trade and Industry
(LC Paper No. LS 37/99-00)
- Members' motions
- Motion on "Long-term transport strategy for Hong Kong"
The above motion will be moved by Hon Mrs Miriam LAU Kin-yee. Wording of the motion attached.
- Motion on "Opposing the legalization of gambling on football matches"
The above motion will be moved by Hon YEUNG Yiu-chung. Wording of the motion attached.
- Position report on Bills Committees/subcommittees
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 508/99-00)
- Report of the Bills Committee on Adaptation of Laws (No. 10) Bill 1999
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 503/99-00)
- Report of the Parliamentary Liaison Subcommittee
Verbal report by Hon Edward HO Sing-tin, Chairman of the Subcommittee.
- Any other business
Legislative Council Secretariat
2 December 1999