House Committee of the Legislative Council
5th meeting on 5 November 1999
- Confirmation of the minutes of the 4th meeting held on 29 October 1999
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 251/99-00)
- Matters arising
Report by the Chairman on his meeting with the Chief Secretary for Administration
- Business arising from previous Council meetings
- Legal Service Division's report on bills referred to the House Committee in accordance with Rule 54(4)
Protection of the Harbour (Amendment) Bill 1999
(LC Paper No. LS 16/99-00)
- Legal Service Division's report on subsidiary legislation tabled in Council on 3 November 1999 (gazetted on 29 October 1999)
(LC Paper No. LS 23/99-00)
- Further report by the Legal Service Division on outstanding bills
Industrial Training (Construction Industry) (Amendment) Bill 1999
(LC Paper No. LS 24/99-00)
- Further business for the Council meeting on 10 November 1999
Bills - First and Second Readings
Exchanges and Clearing Houses (Merger) Bill
- Business for the Council meeting on 17 November 1999
(LC Paper No. CB(3) 160/99-00)
- Bills - First and Second Readings
Dutiable Commodities (Amendment) Bill 1999
- Bills - resumption of debate on Second Reading, Committee Stage and Third Reading
Housing Managers Registration Bill
- Government motions
No notice has been received yet.
- Members' motions
- Motion on "Education on media literacy"
The above motion will be moved by Hon Cyd HO Sau-lan. Wording of the motion attached.
- Motion on "The Government's policy on the engagement of consultants"
The above motion will be moved by Hon NG Leung-sing. Wording of the motion attached.
- Advance information on business for the Council meeting on 24 November 1999
- Motion on "Quality of public housing"
Hon LEE Wing-tat has been allocated a debate slot.
- Motion on "Allocation of secondary school places for girls/boys"
Hon Christine LOH has been allocated a debate slot.
- Papers of the Committee on Rules of Procedure
- Report of the outcome of consultation exercise on rules of speaking during debates in the Council and in committee of the whole Council
(LC Paper No. CB(1) 267/99-00)
- Proposed amendments to House Rules: Withdrawal of Members or disallowance of vote on grounds of direct pecuniary interest
(LC Paper No. CB(1) 268/99-00)
Position report on Bills Committees/subcommittees
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 259/99-00)
- Any other business
Legislative Council Secretariat
4 November 1999