House Committee of the Legislative Council
21st meeting on 28 April 2000
- Confirmation of the minutes of the 20th meeting held on 14 April 2000
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 1736/99-00)
- Matters arising
Report by the Chairman on his meeting with the Chief Secretary for Administration
- Legal Service Division's reports on subsidiary legislation to be tabled in Council on 3 May 2000 (gazetted on 14 and 20 April 2000)
(LC Papers No. LS 117/99-00 and LS 119/99-00)
- Further reports by the Legal Service Division on outstanding bills
- Adaptation of Laws (No. 27) Bill 1999
(LC Paper No. LS 124/99-00)
- Air Cargo Transhipment (Facilitation) Bill 2000
(LC Paper No. LS 121/99-00)
- Further business for the Council meeting on 3 May 2000
(LC Paper No. CB(3) 813/99-00)
- Members' motion
Resolution under section 34(2) of the Interpretation and General Clauses Ordinance (Cap. 1) - to be moved by Prof Hon NG Ching-fai
- Business for the Council meeting on 10 May 2000
(LC Paper No. CB(3) 814/99-00)
- Bills - First Reading and moving of Second Reading
No notice has been received yet.
- Bills - resumption of debate on Second Reading, Committee Stage and Third Reading
Revenue (No. 2) Bill 2000
- Government motion
Resolution under section 29 of the Pharmacy and Poisons Ordinance (Cap. 138) - to be moved by the Secretary for Health and Welfare
(LC Paper No. LS 118/99-00)
- Members' motions
- Motion on "Encouraging people to achieve continuous self-improvement"
The above motion will be moved by Hon Ambrose LAU Hon-chuen. Draft wording of the motion attached.
- Motion on "Opposing Taiwan becoming independent"
The above motion will be moved by Hon Jasper TSANG Yok-sing. Draft wording of the motion attached.
- Advance information on business for the Council meeting on 17 May 2000
- Government motions
- Resolution under section 36 of the Pneumoconiosis (Compensation) Ordinance (Cap. 360) - to be moved by the Secretary for Education and Manpower
- Resolution under section 11 of the Provision of Municipal Services (Reorganization) Ordinance (Cap. 552) - to be moved by the Secretary for Environment and Food
- Members' motions
- Motion on "The 4 June incident"
Hon SZETO Wah has been allocated a debate slot.
- Motion to be moved by Hon LEE Cheuk-yan
Hon LEE Cheuk-yan has been allocated a debate slot.
- Position report on Bills Committees/Subcommittees
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 1759/99-00)
(Letter dated 26 April 2000 from the Director of Administration re Proposed priority in the scrutiny of bills by Members)
- Report of the Bills Committee on Legal Aid (Amendment) Bill 1999
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 1779/99-00)
(Letter dated 26 April 2000 from the Director of Administration re Resumption of Second Reading debate on Legal Aid (Amendment) Bill 1999 (Chinese version to follow))
- Report of the Subcommittee on Chinese Medicine (Fees) Regulation
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 1752/99-00)
- Report of the Panel on Education on the Grant Schools Provident Fund (Amendment) Rules 2000 and the Subsidized Schools Provident Fund (Amendment) Rules 2000
Verbal report by Prof Hon NG Ching-fai, Deputy Chairman of the Panel.
- Report of the Committee on Rules of Procedure
Report on the Application of the Rule of Anticipation to Council Business
(LC Paper No. CB(1) 1437/99-00)
- Any other business
Legislative Council Secretariat
27 April 2000