LC Paper No. CB(1) 130/99-00
Panel on Housing
Minutes of meeting
held on Thursday, 7 October 1999, at 9:20 am
in the Chamber of the Legislative Council Building
Members present :
Hon LEE Wing-tat (Chairman)
Hon David CHU Yu-lin
Hon HO Sai-chu, SBS, JP
Hon LEE Cheuk-yan
Hon Mrs Selina CHOW LIANG Shuk-yee, JP
Hon Ronald ARCULLI, JP
Hon James TO Kun-sun
Hon CHAN Yuen-han
Members absent :
Hon Gary CHENG Kai-nam, JP (Deputy Chairman)
Hon Edward HO Sing-tin, SBS, JP
Hon Albert HO Chun-yan
Hon Fred LI Wah-ming, JP
Hon NG Leung-sing
Hon CHAN Kam-lam
Hon LEUNG Yiu-chung
Hon Andrew WONG Wang-fat, JP
Dr Hon YEUNG Sum
Hon Andrew CHENG Kar-foo
Hon SZETO Wah
Clerk in attendance :
Staff in attendance :
- Ms LEUNG Siu-kum,
- Chief Assistant Secretary (1)2
Ms Pauline NG,
- Assistant Secretary General 1
- Miss Becky YU,
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)3
- Ms Rosalind MA,
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)9
I Election of Chairman and Deputy Chairman
Mr LEE Wing-tat invited nominations for the Chairman. Mr David CHU Yu-lin nominated Mr LEE Wing-tat and the nomination was seconded by Mrs Selina CHOW LIANG Shuk-yee.
2. Mr David CHU Yu-lin took over the chair and presided over the election of the Chairman.
3. There being no other nomination, Mr LEE Wing-tat was declared Chairman of the Panel.
4. Mr LEE Wing-tat took over the Chair.
5. Mr LEE Wing-tat invited nominations for the Deputy Chairman. Mr Gary CHENG Kai-nam was nominated by Mr LEE Wing-tat and seconded by Mr Ronald ARCULLI.
6. There being no other nomination, Mr Gary CHENG Kai-nam was declared Deputy Chairman of the Panel.
7. Members were informed that Mr Andrew CHENG Kar-foo had given notice to withdraw his membership from the Panel.
II Schedule of meetings for the 1999-2000 session
8. Members agreed that except for the next meeting, future meetings of the Panel would be held on the first Monday of each month at 4:30 pm.
9. Members noted that a policy briefing by the Secretary for Housing in respect of housing matters would be held on 13 October 1999 at 11:45 am.
III Discussion items for the next meeting
10. Members agreed that the next meeting of the Panel would be held on Wednesday, 20 October 1999 at 8:30 am to discuss the following:
- Progress of Y2K compliance works within Housing Bureau, Housing Department and related non-government organizations; and
IV Any other business
- Estate Agents Authority.
(Post-meeting note: The Chairman instructed that the item on "Residence requirement for allocation of public rental housing flats" would be included in the agenda for the next meeting.)
11. There being no other business, the meeting ended at 9:30 am.
Legislative Council Secretariat
19 October 1999