LC Paper No. CB(1) 187/99-00
Ref : CB1/PL/TP/1
Panel on Transport
Members present :
Minutes of meeting held on
Thursday, 7 October 1999, at 10:00 am
in the Chamber of the Legislative Council Building
Hon Mrs Miriam LAU Kin-yee, JP (Chairman)
Hon LAU Kong-wah (Deputy Chairman)
Hon Edward HO Sing-tin, JP
Dr Hon Raymond HO Chung-tai, JP
Hon Mrs Selina CHOW LIANG Shuk-yee, JP
Hon CHAN Wing-chan
Hon FUNG Chi-kin
Member attending :
Hon Ronald ARCULLI, JP
Members absent :
Hon Albert HO Chun-yan
Hon LEE Wing-tat
Hon LEE Kai-ming, JP
Hon CHAN Kam-lam
Hon Andrew WONG Wang-fat, JP
Hon LAU Chin-shek, JP
Hon Andrew CHENG Kar-foo
Dr Hon TANG Siu-tong, JP
Hon TAM Yiu-chung, JP
Clerk in attendance :
Staff in attendance :
- Ms LEUNG Siu-kum,
- Chief Assistant Secretary (1)2
I Election of Chairman and Deputy Chairman
- Ms Pauline NG,
- Assistant Secretary General 1
- Miss Becky YU,
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)3
- Mr Andy LAU,
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)6
In accordance with Rule 22(f) of the House Rules, Mrs Miriam LAU invited nominations for chairmanship. Mrs Miriam LAU was nominated by Mr CHAN Wing-chan and seconded by Mr Edward HO. Mrs Miriam LAU accepted the nomination.
2. Mr LAU Kong-wah took over from Mrs Miriam LAU to preside over the election of the chairman. As there were no other nominations, Mr LAU Kong-wah declared Mrs Miriam LAU Chairman of the Panel.
3. Mrs Miriam LAU took the chair and presided over the election of the deputy chairman. Mr LAU Kong-wah was nominated by Dr TANG Siu-tong and seconded by Mr CHAN Wing-chan. Mr LAU Kong-wah accepted the nomination. There being no other nomination, Mr LAU Kong-wah was declared Deputy Chairman of the Panel.
II Schedule of meetings for the 1999-2000 session
4. Members agreed that regular meetings of the Panel would be held at 10:45 am on the fourth Friday of each month except October and December 1999. The regular meetings for these two months would be held on 26 October 1999 and 17 December 1999 instead. The meeting time would remain unchanged (i.e. 10:45 am).
III Discussion items for next meeting
5. Members agreed to discuss the following items at the next regular meeting scheduled for 26 October 1999 at 10:45 am:
- Progress of Y2K compliance work in Government and non-government organizations under the purview of the Transport Bureau; and
- Third Comprehensive Transport Study.
|6. Members agreed that the Administration should be requested to provide further information on the timetable of the Second Railway Development Study.
IV Any other business
7. There being no other business, the meeting ended at 10:10 am.
Legislative Council Secretariat
22 October 1999