The Broadcasting Authority
The Broadcasting Authority serves the people of Hong Kong in its capacity as an independent regulator of broadcasting services to promote Hong Kong as a regional broadcasting and communications hub.
We envisage Hong Kong as an attractive, dynamic and highly competitive broadcasting hub where
Industry Players see and seize opportunities in
the globalized broadcasting industry.
Broadcasters deliver, innovate, and compete in
a supportive environment and on a level playing field.
Our Community enjoys a wide range of quality programmes
which are informative, enlightening, educational and entertaining.
- Widen programming choice to cater for the diversified tastes
and interests of the community;
- Encourage investment, innovation and technology transfer in
the broadcasting industry;
- Ensure fair and effective competition in the provision of broadcasting
- Ensure that broadcasting services respect public tastes and
- Work with overseas regulators to keep abreast of world trends
and issues in broadcasting; and
- Communicate with the public to achieve mutual understanding
on broadcasting related issues.