The Broadcasting Authority serves the people of Hong Kong in its capacity as an independent regulator of broadcasting services to promote Hong Kong as a regional broadcasting and communications hub.
We envisage Hong Kong as an attractive, dynamic and highly competitive broadcasting hub where :-
Industry Players see and seize opportunities in
the globalized broadcasting industry.
Broadcasters deliver, innovate, and compete in
a supportive environment and on a level playing field.
Our Community enjoys a wide range of quality programmes
which are informative, enlightening, educational and entertaining.
- Widen programming choice to cater for the diversified tastes
and interests of the community;
- Encourage investment, innovation and technology transfer in
the broadcasting industry;
- Ensure fair and effective competition in the provision of broadcasting
- Ensure that broadcasting services respect public tastes and
- Work with overseas regulators to keep abreast of world trends
and issues in broadcasting; and
- Communicate with the public to achieve mutual understanding
on broadcasting related issues.