The Broadcasting Authority
The Broadcasting Authority serves the people of Hong Kong
in its capacity as an independent regulator of broadcasting
services to promote Hong Kong as a regional broadcasting and
We envisage Hong Kong as an attractive, dynamic and highly competitive broadcasting hub where :-
Industry Players see and seize opportunities
in the globalised broadcasting industry.
Broadcasters deliver, innovate, and compete in a supportive
environment and on a level playing field.
Our Community enjoys a wide range of quality programmes which
are informative, enlightening, educational and entertaining.
- Widen programming choice to cater for the diversified
tastes and interests of the community;
- Encourage investment, innovation and technology transfer
in the broadcasting industry;
- Ensure fair and effective competition in the provision
of broadcasting services;
- Ensure that broadcasting services respect public tastes
- Work with overseas regulators to keep abreast of world
trends and issues in broadcasting; and
- Communicate with the public to achieve mutual understanding
on broadcasting related issues.