LegCo Paper No. CB(1)1122/96-97
Bills Committee on Dogs and Cats (Amendment) Bill 1996
Minutes of the Meeting held on Wednesday, 19 March 1997, at 2:15 pm in Conference Room B of the Legislative Council Building
Members Present :
Hon Michael HO Mun-ka (Chairman)
Hon CHAN Kam-lam
Hon TSANG Kin-shing
Clerk in attendance:
Staff in attendance:
- Ms Estella CHAN
- Chief Assistant Secretary (1)4
- Mr Jonathan Daw
- Consultant (LS)
- Mr Daniel HUI
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)7
I.Election of Chairman
Mr Michael HO Mun-ka was elected Chairman of the Bills Committee.
II.Inviting representations from interested parties
2. Members agreed that the Clerk should write to the organizations which had been consulted by the Administration on the Bill, and draw their particular attention to the Dangerous Dogs Regulation which contained the substance of the control measures to see if they had any further comments on the Bill and the Regulation.|
3. Members also agreed that the Administration and the organizations which had submitted comments on the Bill should be invited to the next meeting.
III.Any other business
4. Members noted that Mr Henry TANG Ying-yen had withdrawn from the Bills Committee.
(Post-meeting note : Mr Henry TANG Ying-yen and Dr LAW Cheung-kwok had indicated interest in receiving copies of all papers of the Bills Committee.)
5. The meeting ended at 2:30 pm.
Legislative Council Secretariat
25 March 1997
Last Updated on 11 December 1998