LegCo Paper No. CB(1) 1319/96-97
Ref : CB1/BC/1/96
Bills Committee on
Discovery Bay Tunnel Link Bill
Minutes of meeting
held on Friday, 21 March 1997, at 2:15 p.m.
in Conference Room A of the Legislative Council Building
Members present :
Hon LEE Wing-tat (Chairman)
Hon Ronald ARCULLI, OBE, JP
Hon Mrs Miriam LAU Kin-yee, OBE, JP
Hon Albert CHAN Wai-yip
Hon Howard YOUNG, JP
Hon Zachary WONG Wai-yin
Hon CHAN Kam-lam
Hon CHEUNG Hon-chung
Hon LEE Kai-ming
Members absent :
Dr Hon Samuel WONG Ping-wai, OBE, FEng, JP
Dr Hon Philip WONG Yu-hong
Clerk in attendance :
- Ms Estella CHAN
- Chief Assistant Secretary (1)4
Staff in attendance :
- Mr Matthew LOO
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)4 (Atg)
I. Election of Chairman
Hon LEE Wing-tat was elected Chairman of the Bills Committee.
II. Any Other Business
2. Hon Ronald Arculli declared interest as a Director of the Hong Kong Resort Company Limited (HKR).
3. The Bills Committee agreed to invite representatives from HKR and the Discovery Bay City Owners Committee to express their views at an informal meeting to be held on 2 April 1997 before the Bills Committee was formally activated. It was also agreed that members could forward questions which they might have for the deputations to the LegCo Secretariat prior to the meeting. Two further meetings were tentatively scheduled for 17 and 23 April 1997 at 2:30 p.m. and 8:30 a.m. respectively.
(Post-meeting note : The House Committee decided at its meeting on 21 March 1997 that a Bills Committee which had started preparatory work but yet to be activated should not hold any formal or informal meeting other than the preparatory meeting to elect Chairman. The meeting scheduled for 2 April 1997 was therefore cancelled with the concurrence of the Chairman. The Bills Committee was subsequently activated at the House Committees meeting on 11 April 1997.)
4. The meeting ended at 2:30 p.m.
Legislative Council Secretariat
16 April 1997
Last Updated on 14 October 1997