LegCo Paper No. CB(1) 1109/96-97
Ref : CB1/BC/3/96/2
Bills Committee on Education (Amendment) Bill 1996
Minutes of Meeting held on Wednesday, 12 March 1997 at 2:15 p.m. in Conference Room B of the Legislative Council Building
Members present :
Dr Hon Anthony CHEUNG Bing-leung (Convenor)Members absent :
Hon CHEUNG Man-kwong
Hon Ambrose LAU Hon-chuen, JP
Dr Hon LAW Cheung-kwong
Hon LEUNG Yiu-chung
Hon Christine LOH Kung-waiClerk in attendance :
Hon IP Kwok-him
- Miss Polly YEUNG
- Chief Assistant Secretary (1)3
Staff in attendance :
- Miss Anita HO
- Assistant Legal Adviser 5
- Ms Connie SZETO
- Senior Assistant Secretary (1)5
Members noted that Mrs Selina CHOW, Messrs Henry TANG and Howard YOUNG would not join the Bills Committee.
I Election of Chairman
2. Dr Anthony CHEUNG was elected Chairman of the Bills Committee.
II Any other business
3. As Miss Christine LOH, Member-in-charge of the Bill, would be away from Hong Kong until early April 1997, members agreed to hold the next two meetings on Monday, 7 April 1997 at 2:30 p.m. and on Wednesday, 16 April 1997 at 10:30 a.m.
(Post-Meeting note: As advised by Miss Christine LOH that she would only be back to Hong Kong in the evening of 7 April 1997 and with the concurrence of the Chairman, the meeting for 7 April 1997 was re-scheduled to be held on 8 April 1997 at 2:30 p.m.)
4. The meeting ended at 2:25 p.m.
Legislative Council Secretariat
21 March 1997
Last Updated on 18 Apr, 1997