|Date :||14 February 1997
|I.||Confirmation of minutes of meeting held on 31 January 1997|
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 1149/96-97)
Report on Chairman's meeting with the Chief Secretary
|III.||Legal Service Division report on the subsidiary legislation to be tabled in the Legislative Council on 19 February 1997 |
(gazetted on 31 January 1997 and 5 February 1997)
(LegCo Papers Nos. LS 105 & 107/96-97)
|IV.||Further business for the LegCo sitting on 19 February 1997
- Government Motion
Resolution under section 100A of the Interpretation and General Clauses Ordinance (Cap. 1) - to be moved by the Secretary for Planning, Environment and Lands
(LegCo Paper No. LS 108/96-97)
- Bills - 1st and 2nd Readings
- The Hong Kong Institute of Housing Bill
(Member's Bill to be introduced by Mr Edward S T HO)
- Immigration (Amendment) (No 2) Bill 1997
(Member*s Bill to be introduced by Miss CHAN Yuen-han)
|V.||Business for the LegCo sitting on 26 February 1997
(LegCo Paper No. CB(3) 580/96-97)
No statement has yet been notified.
- Government Motions
- Three resolutions under section 5(3)(b) of the Public Bus Services Ordinance (Cap. 230) - to be moved by the Secretary for Transport
(LegCo Paper No. LS 106/96-97)
- Resolution under section 7 of the Factories and Industrial Undertakings Ordinance (Cap. 59) - to be moved by the Secretary for Education and Manpower
(LegCo Paper No. LS 109/96-97)
- Bill - 1st and 2nd Readings
- Bill - resumption of debate on 2nd Reading, Committee Stage and 3rd Reading
Administration of Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 1997
- Motion debate on "Matters relating to the Hong Kong elderly living in Guangdong"
The above motion (attached) will be moved by Mr CHAN Wing-chan.
- Motion debate on "Setting up of a maintenance board"
The above motion will be moved by Dr LAW Chi-kwong. Wording of the motion to follow.
|VI.||Advance information on motion debate for the LegCo sitting on 5 March 1997
- Motion debate on "International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights"
The above motion will be moved by Dr John TSE Wing-ling. Wording of the motion to follow.
- Motion debate on "Existence of Chinese Communist Party in Hong Kong after 1997"
The above motion (attached) will be moved by Miss Christine LOH.
|VII.||Reports of Panels/Bills Committees/Subcommittees|
Report of the Panel on Security - Immigration (Amendment) Bill 1997
Verbal report by Mr James TO, Panel Chairman, and Legal Adviser
|VIII.||Position report on Bills Committees and Subcommittees|
(LegCo Paper No. CB(2) 1177/96-97)
|IX.||Any Other Business
[ Agenda | Minutes ]
Last Updated on 16 August 1999