House Committee of the
Provisional Legislative Council
on 17 October 1997
A G E N D A
- Confirmation of the minutes of the 20th meeting held on 3 October 1997
(PLC Paper No. CB(2) 400)
- Matters arising
Report by the Chairman on his meeting with the Chief Secretary for Administration
- Business arising from previous Council meetings
- Legal Service Division's report on bills referred to the House Committee in accordance with Rule 54(4)
- Employment and Labour Relations (Miscellaneous Amendment) Bill 1997
(PLC Paper No. LS 35 to follow)
- Employment (Amendment) (No. 5) Bill 1997
(PLC Paper No. LS 31 to follow)
- Occupational Deafness (Compensation) (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 1997
(PLC Paper No. LS 34 to follow)
- Legal Service Division's report on subsidiary legislation tabled in Council on 8 and 15 October 1997 (gazetted on 3 and 9 October 1997)
(PLC Papers Nos. LS 30 attached & LS 32 to follow)
- Business for the Council meeting on 22 and 23 October 1997
(PLC Paper No. CB(3)243)
- Debate on Motion of Thanks
Members will speak for two days.
The Chairman of the House Committee will move the motion. The maximum speaking time for each Member will be 15 minutes. Members who wish to speak will raise their hands during the debate and wait to be called to speak by the President.
After Members have spoken, the Chairman will move a motion on 23 October 1997 to adjourn the debate.
- Business for the Council meeting on 29 October 1997
(PLC Paper No. CB(3) 244)
- Bill - 1st and 2nd Readings
Sex Discrimination (Amendment) Bill 1997
- Bills - resumption of debate on 2nd Reading, Committee Stage and 3rd Reading
No notice has been received yet.
Debate on Motion of Thanks
- Resolution under section 83 of the Legislative Council Ordinance (134 of 1997) - to be moved by the Secretary for Constitutional Affairs
(PLC Paper No. LS 36 to follow)
- Resolution under sections 3(3), 4(4) and 5(4) of the Legislative Provisions (Suspension of Operation) Ordinance 1997 (126 of 1997) - to be moved by the Secretary for Education and Manpower
(PLC Paper No. LS 38 to follow)
- Resolution under section 67 of the Family Status Discrimination Ordinance (91 of 1997) - to be moved by the Secretary for Home Affairs
(PLC Paper No. LS 33)
- Resolution under section 2(3) of the Legislative Provisions (Suspension of Operation) Ordinance 1997 (126 of 1997) - to be moved by the Secretary for Home Affairs
(PLC Paper No. LS 37 to follow)
Response from the Administration.
- Advance information on motions for the Council meeting on 5 November 1997
- Motion on "Opposing the expansion of importation of labour"
Hon CHAN Kam-lam has given notice to move the above motion. Wording of the motion to follow.
- Motion on "Formulating comprehensive policies on information technology"
Hon CHOY So-yuk has given notice to move the above motion. Wording of the motion attached.
Report of the Subcommittee on the subsidiary legislation gazetted on 19 September 1997 relating to fee increases
(PLC Paper No. CB(1) 332)
- Any other business
- Election of Members for appointment to the Committee on Rules of Procedure
(PLC Paper No. CB(1)208 issued vide PLC Paper No. CB(2)230 on 18 September 1997)
- Election of Members to Court of the University of Hong Kong
(PLC Paper No. CB(2) 419)
- Formation of a subcommittee to study subsidiary legislation on the Mandatory Provident Fund System
To be raised by the Chairman.
- Delay in presenting papers to PLC Panels by the Administration
To be raised by the Chairman.
Provisional Legislative Council Secretariat
15 October 1997
| Agenda | Minutes