House Committee of the
Provisional Legislative Council
on 19 December 1997
A G E N D A
- Confirmation of the minutes of the 28th meeting held on 5 December 1997
(PLC Paper No. CB(2) 714)
- Matters arising
Report by the Chairman on his meeting with the Chief Secretary for Administration
- Business arising from previous Council meetings
- Legal Service Division's report on bills referred to the House Committee in accordance with Rule 54(4)
- Mass Transit Railway Corporation (Amendment) Bill 1997
(PLC Paper No. LS 54to follow)
- Protection of the Harbour (Amendment) Bill 1997
(PLC Paper No. LS 68to follow)
- Legal Service Division's report on subsidiary legislation tabled in Council on 10 and 17 December 1997
(gazetted on 5 and 12 December 1997)
(PLC Papers Nos. LS 65attached & LS 66to follow)
- Business for the Council meeting on 7 January 1998
(PLC Paper No. CB(3) 475)
- Bill - 1st and 2nd Readings
Housing (Amendment) (No. 3) Bill 1997
- Bills - resumption of debate on 2nd Reading, Committee Stage and 3rd Reading
No notice has been received yet.
Five resolutions under sections 36, 113 and 114 of the Bankruptcy Ordinance (Cap. 6) - to be moved by the Secretary for Financial Services
- Members' motions
- Motion on " Improving the Home Ownership Scheme "
Hon CHENG Kai-nam has given notice to move the above motion. Wording of the motion attached.
- Motion on " Medical insurance for teachers of all government-funded schools in the territory "
Hon YEUNG Yiu-chung has given notice to move the above motion. Wording of the motion attached.
- Advance information on motions for the Council meeting on 14 January 1998
- Motion on " Pre-primary school education and daytime nursery care service "
Hon CHOY So-yuk has given notice to move the above motion.
- Motion on " Implementation of double social security scheme "
Hon CHAN Kam-lam has given notice to move the above motion.
- Position report on Bills Committees/Subcommittees
(PLC Paper No. CB(2) 753)
- Report of the Subcommittee on Resolution under section 35(11) of the Airport Authority Ordinance (Cap. 483)
Verbal report by the Subcommittee.
- Any other business
Provisional Legislative Council Secretariat
17 December 1997
| Agenda | Minutes