House Committee of the Legislative Council
8th meeting on 18 September 1998
A G E N D A
- Confirmation of the minutes of the 7th meeting held on 11 September 1998
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 259/98-99)
- Matters arising
Report by the Chairman on his meeting with the Chief Secretary for Administration
- Business arising from previous Council meetings
- Legal Service Division's report on bills referred to the House Committee in accordance with Rule 54(4)
Hotel Accommodation (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 1998
(LC Paper No. LS 29/98-99)
- Legal Service Division's report on subsidiary legislation tabled in Council on 16 September 1998 (gazetted on 11 September 1998)
(LC Paper No. LS 32/98-99)
- Business for the Council meeting on 30 September 1998
(LC Paper No. CB(3) 261/98-99)
- Bills - First and Second Readings
- Bankruptcy (Amendment) Bill 1998
- Lifts and Escalators (Safety) (Amendment) Bill 1998
- Government motions
Resolution under section 7 of the Factories and Industrial Undertakings Ordinance (Cap. 59) - to be moved by Secretary for Education and Manpower
(LC Paper No. LS 33/98-99)
- Motion on Review of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority?
The above motion to be moved by Hon Albert HO Chun-yan. Wording of the motion attached.
- Motion on Liberalization of the telecommunications and television markets?
The above motion to be moved by Hon Fred LI Wah-ming. Wording of the motion attached.
- Advance information on business for the Council meetings on 7 and 8 October 1998
- The Chief Executive's Policy Address - 7 October 1998
- The Chief Executive's Question and Answer Session - 8 October 1998
- Paper on Monitoring of issues relating to the Overall Economic Development of Hong Kong
(LC Paper No. CB(1) 181/98-99)
- Position report on Bills Committees/subcommittees
(LC Paper No. CB(2) 263/98-99)
- Report of the Parliamentary Liaison Subcommittee
(LC Paper No. CB(3) 262/98-99)
- Any other business
- Lack of consultation with the public and the Panel on Housing before the introduction of the comprehensive means test for all prospective public housing tenants
To be raised by Hon LEE Wing-tat, Chairman of the Panel on Housing.
- Review of 17 Ordinances binding on the Government but not on relevant PRC organs
Letter from Hon Margaret NG, Chairman of the Panel on Administration of Justice and Legal Services, is attached (Chinese version to follow).
Legislative Council Secretariat
16 September 1998