LegCo Panel on Constitutional Affairs
Special Meeting on Friday, 25 June 1999 from 10:45 am to 12:45 noon
in the Chamber of the Legislative Council Building
- Meeting with the Administration
- Opinions of the Preparatory Committee for HKSAR of the National People's Congress on the implementation of BL 24(2) adopted at the Fourth Plenary Meeting of the Preparatory Committee on 10 August 1996.
- Effects of the "test cases" on persons in similar situations as those of the applicants in the "test cases".
- Administration's response to points/queries raised by Members at special House Committee meetings held on 8, 10 and 15 May 1999.
- Final results of the special survey on the number of Mainlanders with right of abode in Hong Kong conducted by C&SD.
- Administration's views on Bing Song's article in the South China Morning Post on 15.6.99.
- Effects of the Chief Executive's power to seek interpretation under BL 43 and BL 48(2) on judicial independence as provided under BL 2, BL 85 and BL 158.
- The Administration's response to the views expressed by deputations/individuals at the special meetings held on 12 and 15 June 1999 on the need for a formal mechanism for the Chief Executive to request the State Council to approach the NPCSC for an interpretation of the Basic Law.
- Any other business
Legislative Council Secretariat
22 June 1999